Put on a robe and fling some magic: It's your OPEN THREAD for the premiere of DOCTOR MORDRID, tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

Brian Thompson is a great B-movie villain (Shao Khan in Mortal Kombat: Annihiliation is his most (in)famous), and he’s also fantastic in genre television. Another Trek vet, appearing multiple times as a Klingon in TNG (he was GREAT in A Matter of Honor) and other heavy aliens throughout the franchise. Plus he also played a vampire and a demon in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But of course, no talk about Thompson’s genre TV work is complete without mentioning the Alien Bounty Hunter in The X-Files. He’s always fun.

3 Likes

OMG

Emily is a Time Bandits fan!

That’s f’in awesome

1 Like

If I had a lighter, I’d hold it up for C. Courtney Joyner.

Fantastic interview guest!

3 Likes

Mr. Joyner you were enjoyed sir

3 Likes

Agree, C. Courtney Joyner is a DOLL. Please have him back along with Barbara Crampton

3 Likes

Mr. Joyner, bringing the C-word joke.

2 Likes

Modernize:
Use your cell-phone light.

1 Like

The C stands for Courtney.

2 Likes

I always associate Time Bandits with starfields, for some odd reason, and there’s quite a few of them here.

Especially when they involve disembodied eyes.

2 Likes

The 80s fantasy stuff Emily mentioned earlier reminds me of the 2nd Discworld book, where Terry Prachett expressly mocks the then-current cliché of oversexualized women.

"Now, there is a tendency at a point like this to look over one’s shoulder at the cover artist and start going on at length about leather, thighboots and naked blades.

Words like ‘full’, ‘round’ and even ‘pert’ creep into the narrative, until the writer has to go and have a cold shower and a lie down."

6 Likes

C. Courtney Joyner is the coolest. Great guest!

3 Likes

LESLEYYYYY! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you all for another great Friday night!

4 Likes

Put them in the Gizmuseum!

3 Likes

Goodnight gang til next time

3 Likes

Don’t forget Conor.

4 Likes

Kinga and Max: heck with Kahbal, you can make big money from the post-movie interviews. eight bucks a pop for the movie plus interview (like your supposed dads) ad you have it made.
Also, if people want to buy a copy of the other episodes. ALLOW IT

1 Like

Afternoon birded sounds like a euphemism

1 Like

I wonder if they could get C. Courtney to try his hand at writing for season 14…

2 Likes

If you’ve not read it already, check this out: Tansyrr – Design by Nrdly

There’s also an ebook version with a bonus essay.

3 Likes