Random ridiculous BUT real questions

Hey network whisperers!

So I switched my ISP just now.

After much travail, notebook computers at home connect fine.

After a very brief interregnum of success, no mobile (phone, tablet) device can access the LAN without encountering “HSTS error.” If you’re not familiar, it flat denies any and all connections to any site. Doesn’t matter the browser, nor the app (which mostly seem to be Chrome under the hood).

Mobile device works fine on all other WiFi networks.

Trust me, I have manipulated every single option at the consumer router/switch/modem combination unit (a consumer grade Motorola), and absolutely every setting in the phone. Bypass NAT, assign MAC address to a static LAN IP, disable any and all security features, software from device and router/switch/modem unit, you name it.

Of course, the stock ISP DNS servers were replaced with more generic but known-good ones.

Clearly, it seems to me, the problem is outside the demarc, so it is Comcast’s problem.

Question: (i) am I wrong (ii) can I e-mail Comcast and tell them to fix their QoS snooping (I suspect that’s it) without having to talk to some rube via archaic telephone?

WTH, dude!

1 Like

“I don’t know what the EFF you just said little dude, but you’re special, man; you reached out, and touched a brother’s heart.”

happy GIF by The Last O.G. on TBS

Right on dude!

Keep on trucking, little brother!

1 Like

I’d like to see a surly music teacher try and throw something at this guy!

dog GIF

it crowd parents GIF

One of my “favorite” things about Comcast’s tech support phone line is the automated message, “Did you know that most Internet connection issues can be resolved by visiting www dot xfinity dot com and clicking on the troubleshooting link?” :rofl:

2 Likes

To be fair, they expect you to do that on your phone.

1 Like

Fair? Fair? Fair? Fair?

Comcast gets nothing! They lose!

Their rack is broken!

Over the demarc, Smokey! Mark it zero!

2 Likes

OK, new one: when Fast Eddie says “time to go, it’s checkout Charlie!” in The Color of Money, is that a malapropism for “checkpoint Charlie” (which doesn’t make much sense in context), or does the phrase have any purchase in English vernacular?

I really need an answer to this! Please and thank you!

1 Like

According to (at least the old) Zest commercials, “soap leaves a sticky film on you, but Zest leaves you clean.”

So if Zest isn’t soap, what is it?

1 Like

No more than any other vocalist, I assume. And there are lots of people that follow death metal vox easily.

1 Like

A detergent lacking the salt of a fatty acid that is the hallmark of soaps.

3 Likes