RiffTrax Live 2022 Kickstarter

This year’s RiffTrax Live Kickstarter just kicked off!
This time they’re doing Return of Swamp Thing.
Check it out: RiffTrax Live 2022: The Return of Swamp Thing - and MORE! by RiffTrax: Mike, Bill & Kevin — Kickstarter

11 Likes

Dang. VIP tickets already sold out. Not that I can afford it, but I was really hoping to win the lottery this month!

5 Likes

“Do not bring your riffing here.”

For me, it’s not a Swamp Thing movie without a very uncomfortable looking Adrienne Barbeau regretting her recent life choices.

6 Likes

That role will be played by Heather Locklear in this film.

2 Likes

Yep - I’m a backer!
giphy (40)

7 Likes

She’s half the woman Adrienne Barbeau is. Maybe even a bit less.

2 Likes

I am proud to say I am backer. number… um… 20 something. These shows have only gotten better over the years (and they were pretty good to start with), and the movie looks great!

4 Likes

I will definitely be backing as well

4 Likes

They’ve just reached their funding goal!

That means that soon — probably by Friday at the latest — they will announce stretch goals. In the past, early stretch goals have unlocked up to 10 bonus shorts for all backers as a certain number of total backers is reached. This makes the Kickstarter a GREAT way to familiarize yourself with RiffTrax if you’re new to them, because you can back for as little as $1 and get $10 worth of shorts.

4 Likes

You know, I’m not a Brandon Sanderson fan (gave up reading Fantasy in my 20’s), but I’ve been toggling between the two campaigns, and I’m boggled by the cavernous gap between them! I had no idea that a fantasy author these days could still elicit so much deep-pocket fandom. (10,000+ people shelling out $500 apiece!) Maybe our Rifftrax boys should consider adding “epic fantasy authors” to their resumes… there’s a BOATLOAD more money to take in! Not that they’re not doing great with their own little universe, but …zowie.

4 Likes

Mystery Fantasy Theatre 3000: In which a young barkeep and his two golems are forced to attend poorly-written plays at the behest of an evil witch.

6 Likes

17!

1 Like

As much as I despise Kickstarter’s faceplant into blockchain and crypto sh*t, I still had to support the guys. Put $10 toward it

5 Likes

The latest update includes some new rewards. Let Bill write you limerick! (See link in top post for the campaign.)

2 Likes

Shorts stretch goals have been posted (go to the link in the first post of this topic to access the campaign):

These are good for ALL backers; you can pledge as little as $1 and get up to 10 shorts (a $10 value). And if you already have any of these shorts, you’ll get a $1 credit for each one you own at the end of the campaign.

8 Likes

They absolutely sold me with the idea of those shorts. I’m in at the $40 tier. :muscle:

6 Likes

And the first short has already been unlocked!

2 Likes

Make that TWO shorts unlocked! (And three hard-boiled eggs.)

4 Likes

Rifftrax also posted a poll on their Patreon for designs of a Swamp Thing pin, which I assume will be one of the financial-related stretch goals announced soon.

2 Likes

“Dining Together” is now unlocked!

3 Likes