RiffTrax

They should do an audio book of The Naked Clone with the actual Nick Nolte reading the book! And keep in all his reactions.

2 Likes

My favorite part of the annual RiffTrax kickstarter is when they add the ā€œgive us a buck and get ten shortsā€ option. I always jump in on that one. I donā€™t often have a ton of money for such things, but I always have at least a spare dollar.

6 Likes

Well, they just opened up the $1 Get 10 Shorts tier a few minutes ago.

7 Likes

I have reviewed some of these upthread. You could do way worse for this kind of money. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Truck Song is one of my all-time favorite shorts. I love the song stylings of Simon & Truckfunkle.

5 Likes

Well thatā€™s excellent. I will be backing shortly. RiffTrax is very generous to their fans.

5 Likes

TUPPERWARE.

That is all.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say Iā€™m officially in!

Went with the $10 Shorts Collection tier.

4 Likes

Kidā€™s Guide to the Internet is worth a $10 pledge on its own. Iā€™m wary of riffs that arenā€™t Mike/Kevin/Bill, but Connor and Sean have found a certain slice of nostalgia to hone in on that makes for some hilarious riffs.

4 Likes

I gladly pledged my $1, looking forward to my free shorts.

1 Like

6 Likes

Ooh! Iā€™ve been hoping that get riffed for a long time; when the full flick legally showed up on YouTube back in the early '10s. (Havenā€™t guessed, Iā€™m old.)

1 Like

This canā€™t be as bad as All About Steve and Speed 2 Cruise Control, right? Right?

not like this GIF

3 Likes

Donā€™t Conner and Sean help write the riffs?

1 Like

They both wrote this one.

1 Like

The Audiobook of The Naked Clone: A Nick Nolte Mystery has just been released! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If anyone wants the VIP tickets to the show, there is one up for grabs right now! (11:47am mountain)

1 Like

Fortunately for the authorsā€™ vocal cords, the recording (each author reads their own chapters) is not quite extreme Nolte-ish as Mikeā€™s excerpt that appeared on YouTube a while back.

3 Likes

I think they get in some good ones, but (as said upthread) I feel like thereā€™s something absent because they feel detatched from one another most of the time. Like they never really respond or react to each other in the way that other sets of riffers do.

Butā€¦ some people may prefer that over directorsā€™ cut-style patter. So what do I know? :man_shrugging: