S14: A place to talk about feelings

Hey kiddos, there’s a thread about S14 crowdfunding, but it’s chock a block full of dissection, logistics, second guessing, numbered lists, and even helpful ideas.

Here I just want people to be able to talk about their feelings vis a vis falling short this time around. No judgment, no criticism. Just say how you feel. (If you do want to talk about what they should do differently, there is a suggestions for Season 14 thread you can put your ideas into.)

This one goes out to everyone involved in MST3K from KTMA through the Gizmoplex, and to all the board regulars who’ve made the past two years so amazing.

27 Likes

You’re really going to leave me with this song in my head as I drift off to sleep?

Jeez. I thought we were friends.

9 Likes

okay… how’s this

:hugs:

16 Likes

I appreciate a fanbase which listens to its fanbase.

(I already placed my song of the hour in the What Are You Listening To? thread, for what it’s worth.)

12 Likes

Repost:

I don’t believe speculation in general is necessary or a good use of time and I long ago ceased to derive enjoyment from it.

Facts are all that matter and history has proven that timing is everything and clearly the timing of this campaign was off.

However, it was a valiant effort and perhaps the next attempt will be more successful.

I will wait patiently and see what happens next.

16 Likes

23 Likes

Certainly I’m disappointed and a bit sad (unless someone pulls out their checkbook and write a $1.3M check in the next 10min). But I’m hoping when they analyze this campaign, they come to the conclusion that it’s not lack of interest, but a pile of other issues and unfortunate timings that were the deciding factor here, and aim to try again.

As long as I can believe they’ll try again, then I can wait and hope for a stringer effort and showing next time.

19 Likes

Agreed! That’s why I splintered off the fundraiser thread. I mean, people were making some good points but I felt like that horse was both dead and beaten to a fine, runny paste. Eww.

Spent all day being basically fine. Now that time is really, truly running out, I find myself more… moved that expected. Not even sad really. Just kind of directionlessly emotional.

19 Likes

4 Likes

:slight_smile: :notes: “The way you move me is a serious thing…
Let’s wait and see what tomorrow might bring…
You know I’ll try 'til I die…”
:notes:

4 Likes

2 words: VERY upset.

10 Likes

The powers that be should really extend the pledge and really drive that sale home!!!

3 Likes

2 words:

Deep Hurting.

17 Likes

I was thinking about how much free-floating jackassery there is online every day, and then I proceeded to hit LIKE on as many of the good Showmaker comments as I could.

I highly recommend this. <3

12 Likes

Dear MST3K makers,

love,
Pearl’s Mint

8 Likes

Well, it’s midnight. That’s all she wrote – this time.

7 Likes

This sucks. I knew it was inevitable all day, but seeing the clock strike 0 just… sigh.

I’ll get over it and be okay. But for now: Damn.

17 Likes

Yeah, it really hit different at 11:30 than it did at 2pm.

10 Likes

I still can’t get over this. All I want is a glass of Killer Shrew to wash away the sorrow.

13 Likes

Just remember, MST3K has been a lot deader than this before. Uh… that was supposed to be reassuring

23 Likes