S14: A place to talk about feelings

It is okay to be disappointed that the campaign did not succeed. However, despondency would be taking things a bit far.

Please everyone take a deep breathe, relax, and wait for next round of news.

13 Likes

“Idiots in control now. Deep Hurting. Time for go to Bed. I wonder if there’s beer on the sun!”

12 Likes

I’ve had a pit in my stomach through most of this campaign, though seeing this actually happen really took it to a new level. It just sucks, both as a MSTie and as a fan of independently produced media. I hope there’s some bounce back from this that doesn’t rely on taking orders from a big studio or anything that would compromise the show as an independent production. I’m very bummed, more than I even expected, and I’m frustrated, and I’m just hoping there’s some good news soon.

19 Likes

it stinks mystery science theater 3000 GIF

14 Likes

sad lisa simpson GIF

15 Likes

Yeah like an email to all that they got a plan C and D in effect…….it stinks! Not sure if they got a plan after this one.

9 Likes

Yep Lisa this cuts deep

5 Likes

This is kind of like when RIFFED! ran out, except, times a million. Like, what do I do now

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m bummed out. Just thinking about day one, all the excitement over getting that sudden e-mail and hurriedly coming over here and seeing the massive wave of activity, etc

To now: Quietly fizzing out at 2:00 AM Central.

Dang.

I’ll be fine. Just venting a bit right now.

15 Likes

I am down about the fundraiser failing. I doubt this is the end of MST3K. I’m waiting to see what the next move will be. I don’t think the crew is simply content to give up and move on.

11 Likes

in other news, it’s my bird day although i kind of wanted to wish for a Season 14

10 Likes

Happy bird day.

4 Likes

I’ve been bracing for this and it hurts, but I’m still hopeful for the future. At this point I just hope the few loud trolls don’t scare the team off their future plans.

12 Likes

I tried, dammit. It’s not my fault they don’t take 3rd party out-of-state bad checks.

8 Likes

So…bake sale to fill in the gap?

Or…I know! Let’s put on a show!

10 Likes

I’m bummed, because I wanted more MST sooner rather than later, and because a crowdfunding campaign is a costly pain in the buns for those involved.

At the same time, as a fan of both MST and Futurama, and an owner of a 30-year-old Honda, I’ve learned that good things are hard to kill (“When I looked in the engine, there was no oil at all. I don’t know how it was still running.”). I’m very confident they’ll run a new campaign, and that it will succeed.

10 Likes

All right, you lovable losers, you underdogs, you valorous vagabonds…I’m going to bed and dream of Season 14, and giant novelty checks that say “Pay To The Order Of Alternaversal” and what not.

We will riff…again.

Ciao!

13 Likes

Thanks for trying, but the problems with crowdfunding were insurmountable.

Time to go ask rich people for money. Shakespeare did after all.

2 Likes

Being British, expressing your feelings simply isn’t the done thing*.

What I will say is that it’s Sunday morning here. A little grey, a little cold, but it’s another day. I’m going to fill a part of it with an episode of MST3K. I’ll check back in here at some point and no doubt find several posts that make me chuckle, or a hot viewing recommendation from reputable sources. And I’ll start putting some coin of the realm aside in anticipation of future calls-to-arms.

With all that in mind it would be churlish if I felt anything other than ‘blessed’.

So let’s go with that. I feel blessed.

(*one’s upper lip doesn’t get this stiff, nor one’s bowels this compacted, without some effort you understand)

17 Likes

I’m on the US west coast, and I don’t know who to thank for Hobnobs. Can you pass it along for me? Especially the ones with chocolate.

10 Likes