Season 14 details

Tubi has a surprising amount of “why bother” type B content.

@Smits is probably the web comic author to whom you refer.

1 Like

I don’t mind crowdfunding s14, as long as there is a box to check for Phoenixville 2: Electric Joelgaloo.

(I need the chance to find out how good the ice cream was!)

3 Likes

Didn’t they say last Kickstarter that a majority of the funds were spent on getting the Gizmoplex up and running? Well, if they promise us physical sets and less green screens, then I’d definitely contribute a bundle of money for Season 14.

2 Likes

She and Patton are fairly heavily in demand actors, especially in voice over work. They could earn more elsewhere, so they are doing this out of love for the show.

7 Likes

I remember the opposite? That they were trying to keep the budget for the Gizmoplex down to make as many episodes as possible?

6 Likes

Yes, and with the Gizmoplex now requiring only maintenance funding rather than launch funding, the money from another Kickstarter should go farther for creating new content.

4 Likes

Yeah, and I believe the money used for the GizmoPlex was announced as something like 3% of the total funds. They stressed that it wouldn’t be very much.

4 Likes

No. The majority of the money went into the episodes. The Gizmoplex Theater was built with off the shelf code specifically to save as much money as possible and still delivery a good product

11 Likes

SvenSurround was noted as one of the inspirations, if I recall, actually. And then there’s the time Trace and Frank went on, acting like they were moving into a new house.

1 Like

Let’s just do a pledge drive.

4 Likes

I mean… I love that idea, but I doubt it’s gonna happen. The team said the only way for us to get Season 14 is to buy/rent episodes in the Gizmoplex. But still; a pledge drive does sound like a good idea!

4 Likes

Im hoping they have a big pledge-drive style “open window” for buying season passes/season 14 box sets/new episode bundles/etc

6 Likes

Hi @Lesley!

I know y’all are deep in the weeds of physical rewards and probably still catching a breath from the victory lap after the success of season 13, but I was wondering…

Do you think there will be any announcements for season 14 soon?

Nothing concrete mind you (I know y’all will share the details when you feel it’s appropriate), but just wondering if there’s anything exciting coming up, or does it seem more like news might be bubbling around more in the fall… like a Turkey Day 2023 announcement. :wink:

Thanks again for everything you and the rest of the team at Alternaversal does because without your hard work (that unfortunately might seem thankless at times), we wouldn’t have our beloved cow town puppet show. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Turkey Day? I don’t even have my Arbor Day decorations up yet!!

7 Likes

Agreed. I hope this pledge drive includes another Grand Finale Party at the Colonial Theater so we can do our MST art trade with @Smits.

5 Likes

Or perhaps another theater that’s close to me, just in case if I can’t afford tickets to Philly.

2 Likes

True. Or maybe they could do it all around the country, just like the live tours.

2 Likes

Honestly, whatever it takes. I’d crawl over glass to get a season 14. Season 13 was THAT good.

7 Likes

I’ll do whatever it takes. I’d kinda like to see the Manos sequel little Debbie produces. Something like Manos: The Return. or Revenge. I can’t remember.

3 Likes

My kids bought me a Cameo with Jonah. It timed out because he was out of the country and turned off his notifications. Even still, he sent me a birthday greeting and even sang the new MST3K theme song. He is the best.

8 Likes