Show us your most recent mundane, stupid, non-MST3K accomplishment

Hey, I got nice compliment from one of the van drivers today.

“Did you used to be a DJ or something? You got that smooth rap coming up with all that, you got that voice all chilled out!”

“Well, you know, just trying to have fun with it!”

“Propers man!” < fist bump >

Yeah, I get a lot of compliments, but mostly from the DSP driver managers, but I’ll take all the praise and adoration I can get on the job, even though they don’t work for Amazon.

“Turn it on and cut it loose, lanes two and three! Stay frosty out there!”

“Shake it and don’t break it, you all good to go, 1 and 4!”

“Yo! This your funky fifteen friendly reminder!”

“And four, for the walk-off home run, that’s a bingo! Right there!”

“Lane three give me about two feet…up…up…up. Yeah! Boo-ya!”

“Hey nineteen! This is K-Billy’s Super Sounds of the Seventies, and we’ve got a real good nineteen minutes till wheels roll!”

“Lane two, that is nothing but net! for three points!”

“One! Yeah!”

“One’s good, four’s good, easy now lane two, you got it!”

Etc. Ain’t Shakespeare but it’s fun.

1 Like

It’s 95°F outside, moderate humidity, and I’m grilling jerk chicken and salmon on cedar. That counts as a mundane accomplishment, right? I’m sweating from everywhere. :sweat_smile:

EVERYWHERE

4 Likes

Since outside is an oven, spent a good part of the weekend in the basement building a model.

Got this far, now I have to wait for the white paint to dry completely before I mask off the back rocket exhaust ports so I can paint them black.

I 3D printed an interior with little rows of seats that you can barely see through the windows. I doubt I’ll ever get a good picture of it.

Going to have to print my own Pan American logo decals for it, Mobious couldn’t make a deal with the current trademark holders to include them in the kit decals.

4 Likes

I used my 100 dollar premiere Laemmle theater card for the first time when I saw the new Leonard Cohen documentary. Got the best food and alcoholic drink I could buy.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

4 Likes

Yeah? How was that? I was there watching My Donkey, My Lover & I.

Basically tells how the song’s popularity over time with people covering it and adding verses to it brought him a new fanbase. On that note, Walter Yentkinoff was a forking moron.

1 Like

My latest CultureSlate article!

1 Like

No, this isn’t intended to sound like bragging about my mad skillz or whatever, but I did accomplish one of the things I wanted to today.

Having a pitcher of RC Cola after work, and ran into this woman I like.

We chatted for quite a while, and while she did interrogate me a bit about things like “Why did you and your last girlfriend break up?”

Which is, I suppose savvy on her part, but more or less making conversation on her part. I mean it’s not like I’m going to say, “She was a fantastic partner, but she kept falling down the stairs a lot! Total klutz!”

I have her phone number now, it’s not a fake one, I know she likes men, she is 37, she does not want a boyfriend, but tolerates the menfolk. She also knows I think she’s easy on the eyes, extremely amusing, and smart. CPA starting her own firm. She is into adult fun, but when I see her on an actual date (meaning a cab ride for me, alcoholic beverages), she and I can work out the details. She finds me extremely attractive, because I asked her: she was very emphatic, whence the “extremely.” She has the right to know I’m extremely competitive and, while I’m OK with casual, I have to be number one in all respects.

And, I’d appreciate it very much if somebody does not flag this post as “inappropriate.” It’s getting really tiresome. I’ve never even come close to what Crow, Joel, Mike, and the squat crimson pig have talked about in their riffs, so just mute me and let it go.

2 Likes

I finished the entirety of Cavadini/Strong/Daily-voiced Powerpuff Girls, minus the movie but plus See Me Feel Me Gnomey and Dance Pantsed

3 Likes

It’s such a great series!

1 Like

Finished all the decals on my 2001 space clipper model:

11 Likes

Very cool :+1:

2 Likes

I used a total of 0.96 kWh of electricity yesterday betwen 1600 and 2000 yesterday, so I guess I win, and so does Captain Planet.

Go me!

I also suspect I’m not the only person who fantasizes about strangling Baretta’s damned pet bird.

Go me!

3 Likes

I could only get a single channel of audio when using my Cowon D3 DAP and at first I thought the cable on my Sennheisers needed replaced again. A different pair of headphones though revealed it was the player’s port. Wiggling the jack in the port could get stereo to temporarily return so it seemed like it was just a loose connection. Got it opened up and and it seems the black bracket in the top right with the white dot with red crosses on was just loose enough that there wasn’t enough pressure for the contacts to maintain a reliable stereo connection. Rather than dismantle and resolder I opted for something a little simpler and low-tech - a small strip of paper folded up with a smidgeon of glue sandwiched between the bracket and the battery to hold it in place. Works like a charm so far.

4 Likes

I was checking some of my old electronics to see if I removed the batteries and found my hiking GPS had batts in and they had leaked really badly. Managed to take it all apart and used my recently bought ultrasonic cleaner to get everything cleaned out. Got it all back together and it still works. Last time I used it was 3 years ago.

What ever plastic this GPS from 2006 was made out of the alkaline battery leakage really did a job on it. About a millimeter of plastic was eaten away all around one end of the compartment. The metal bridge that connects the 2 batts was not damaged at all but all the plastic that holds it in place is gone. It works fine just sitting in there but when changing the batteries that part will now fall out if I’m not careful.

4 Likes

Got the bathrooms cleaned. That’s 2 shower stalls / tubs scrubbed, 2 showerheads soaked, 2 sinks wiped down, 2 mirrors cleaned, 2 sets of baseboards dusted, 2 shower liners replaced, 2 shower curtains washed, 2 floors swept/mopped, 2 bathmats soaked, 2 toilets scrubbed, 2 fan vents vacuumed out, 2 sets of towels washed, and 2 sets of bathrugs beaten out.

Speaking of beaten, I’m wiped. Gonna make some tots for dinner and watch some Top Chef.

4 Likes

14 Likes

I set myself up for three articles in a single morning: That there’s a Pokémon Presents on Wednesday, the recap of said event, and a review of the Rise of the TMNT movie releasing Friday

1 Like

I just got excused from jury duty. I would have gladly served, but after four hours of voir dire (there were over 70 people in the jury pool), the lawyers decided they didn’t want me. So, my mundane accomplishment is hardwood bench sitting endurance without a smartphone, really. :muscle:

10 Likes

Would you say the system worked?

1 Like