Show us your most recent mundane, stupid, non-MST3K accomplishment

That is freaking awesome! Huge Holmes fan myself and your dad was clearly very talented. Beautiful ornament, and story. Cheers!:beers:

2 Likes

Thank you! Holmes was something my dad and I shared (he was a member of the Illustrious Clients and an honorary Baker Street Irregular), so anything Sherlockian is very important to me. I was NOT going to give this ornament up for ANYTHING! :laughing:

4 Likes

I became so intensely bored at work I took pictures of the caution sign symbols, turned them sideways, and reinterpreted them.

Hang Glider Viewpoint Ahead

Run

4 Likes

Presents are wrapped.

Cards are sent.

Fudge is made.

By Jove, I just might get the Christmas and not forget somethign this year!

6 Likes

I made this for all of you. You know, like a gift.

It’s Great Cthulhu in a great green festive teacup. With balls and a lil hat. Your soul shall be bits in a figgy pudding. Happy holidays!

8 Likes

For all of us? Do we need to start working on the mailing list to send it around?

2 Likes

Ahh, you probably shouldn’t touch it. It’s just for beholding.

3 Likes

I love it. It’s JUST what I wanted.

3 Likes

Is it a Cthulu in repose? I seem to recall reading the ancient one spends a lot of time sleeping. :rofl: Quietly envisions “Cthulu In Repose” alla Maxfield Parrish

2 Likes

Rescued my dad after his car battery died. Went shopping. Put away all the stuff I got. Set up another litter box for the cat. Cleaned out the other litter box. Took out the trash. Put in a load of laundry. Being a functioning adult in the four hours since I got out of work was my mundane accomplishment tonight. I’m rewarding myself with ramen and watching UHF :relieved:

9 Likes

Got to use my Suunto mini clip-on compass (clipped to my NATO watchstrap in this case, as always) to give a delivery driver sort-of-accurate heading to get to his route on the job. Gave a little more legit impression than just me pointing my finger and saying “Yo, it’s over there! Not too far! You can do it, skippy!”

And damned if I don’t think this gal from a later shift than I normally work isn’t a little bit warm for my form! No, not 100% sure, but we have a good rapport since I’ve been covering some shifts for her crew lately. Not a big deal, but I like to have some irons in the fire at all times.

2 Likes

I would’ve called this “Ator Invents The Wheel”.

2 Likes

Fusible hem tape with my new iron.

That took like twenty minutes, though. I could have smoked three cigarettes.

Meh, they look even enough. Good enough.

4 Likes

“Fa-la-la-la-la, Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!”

3 Likes

Content Warning: bilingual pun.

Working on a puzzle, and my mother did this part and proudly announced we have a complete fish.

I said we’ve reached 100 poissont.

9 Likes

Done making pens for a while, made all the ones I wanted to make.

Here are the 7 I made from deck wood from the battleship NJ:

One advantage of using a metal lathe to do them is I could glue real bits of copper, aluminum, brass, onto the wood and turn them down together so they are exactly the same diameter.

11 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

After a long holiday break, I returned to the office this morning.

Please clap.

4 Likes

This is either the best thing I’ve ever done, or pretty real stupid.

I was just going to replace the stock 10-52 roundwounds with 14-55 flatwounds one string at a time, but it occured to me I should buff the wood using a soft cloth in small, circular strokes sometime soon.

I predict this will take about forever to get the intonation right, and maybe have to turn the truss rod a tiny bit, but I’ll probably learn something about patience and humiliation along the way.

4 Likes

Did you at least take some measurements or pictures so you can get the bridge back where it was? Oh the hours that will be spent loosening and tightening the strings to get it back where it’s supposed to be…

2 Likes