Single Random Facts

3 Likes

Wooden teeth float, but it’s still gross to reuse them.

2 Likes

Wait, which thread are we in?

2 Likes

So wooden teeth weigh the same as a duck?

3 Likes

No, no, no. They weigh the same as a witch.

3 Likes

Which weighs the same as a duck. Got it.

2 Likes

Where do gravy and very small pebbles fit into the equation?

2 Likes

How long until this turns into the Falsehoods thread?

4 Likes

They belong with churches.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The first Olympic athlete to be disqualified for drugs was a Swedish pentathlete. He cost the team the bronze medals they had in the México City Games (1968).

The drug? Alcohol. He apparently had “two beers” after the competition to relax, but unfortunately had them before being tested.

1 Like

And then there’s the 1904 Olympic marathon where the first to cross the finish line did part of the race by car, the gold medalist was doped with strychnine or rat poison and had to be carried over the finish line, fourth was a postman took a nap after eating some bad apples, and several people almost died.

It was a trainwreck.

4 Likes

Back then they also staged trainwrecks for amusement.

5 Likes

Also on the vein of things I learned from Citation Needed, there is homeopathic Berlin Wall being sold (or at least there was).

It “cured” (with big air quotes) claustrophobia of course.

1 Like

The faintest aura of berlin wall to be found on earth is on the other side of the planet. Go there. Otherwise be content with just merely being far away from it. Come to America! It cures claustrophobia!

1 Like

But exacerbates agoraphobia! :fearful:

2 Likes

That’s okay. That style sweater went out of fashion years ago.

3 Likes

No lie, and not just in the movies! Though they weren’t always the safest events to watch from nearby:

3 Likes

I mean, I can’t imagine sending big contraptions of steel flying would be all that safe…

2 Likes

now THAT I would watch!

3 Likes