SPOILERS: Your thoughts on Dr. Mordrid?

Here’s a question: Is a Hanukkah movie not released during Hanukkah not a Hanukkah movie? Because the Jewish calendar moves around a lot and… oh wait it doesn’t matter, there’s like one Hanukkah movie.

3 Likes

I like it. It lays down the law in non-disputable terms. Christmas movies get Christmas releases. It works as long as we remember that there is no penalty for showing summer blockbusters during the holidays.

1 Like

I don’t know, man. I’m still waiting for Shane Black to write a movie that takes place during Kwanzaa.

6 Likes

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is a Christmas movie. That’s the bar.

2 Likes

Good show, sir, that almost killed me.

2 Likes

Was not a fan of Munchie. Will b a struggle to attempt a rewatch but much happier with this. Another very rewatchable strong episode from team Emily.

2 Likes

You know, way back when I saw the Cheesy Circus tour, where Emily was first set up to take over hosting duties, I had two big thoughts:

1. I really wanted to see Emily host MST3K.
  2. I was not ready to say goodbye to Jonah yet.

SO glad they gave me the best of both worlds. This cake I have is delicious and I’m glad I get to eat it too.

16 Likes

This was a pretty good episode and the movie, while not great and clearly has some love put into it, particularly in the wilder ideas (the Gunner scene, the dino-fight). The riffing was good but I didn’t like the experience as much as Beyond Atlantis. Still, I’d give it a solid B while Beyond Atlantis was an A. Of course, grades might change on rewatch.

3 Likes

I love that she committed to it all the way. “I am willing to die on this hill.”

2 Likes

It’s like if Marge started voicing Homer.
You’ll get used to it thay say.

1 Like

When Bill took over Crow, Crow did not remember Mike.

1 Like

Just a thought, since he was mentioned by C. Courtney Joiner.

If MST ever riffs another one of his movies, they should do a David Allen tribute, as they did for Willis O’Brien in Black Scorpion. This is the second episode this year where we’ve been blessed with his stop motion animation work (Robot Wars was the other). There was also The Day Time Ended in season 12, and his aliens in Laserblast in season 7.

Putting a bug in your ear MST cast and crew - season 14 + Robot Jox = David Allen sketch?

8 Likes

Shimmy hypnotize!

For reasons even I don’t understand that mere phrase just cracks me up. While it is perhaps not as concise and versatile as “SLEEP!”, I do hope we can get some call back references to it in the future. Only Dr. Kabahl knows for sure.

11 Likes

Shimmy hypnotise!

We should start using that on the forum whenever we want people to agree with us and don’t want to take the time to convince them.

10 Likes

One of the things I’ve always admired about Full Moon is the workman like quality of a lot of their films. They may not be making Oscar winners, but if you’ve ever worked on a film project, you know how hard it can be. I respect that, even if I don’t respect the films themselves.

As for the episode, solid riffs.

5 Likes

Most of my most wanted are under various Charles Band studios, whether it’s Empire or Cannon.

1 Like

Something I didn’t think about until it was brought up on another forum. Dude really spends most of the movie in his apartment, doesn’t he?

7 Likes

They spent a lot of money on that set and, by god, they were going to use every single inch of film they could on it.

5 Likes

He’s immortal and trying to keep a low profile. That’s easier if no one actually knows you’re there.

6 Likes

Is he immortal? I wasn’t clear on that. He was really old, but it seemed like centuries? I am, I think understandably, confused.

1 Like