SPOILERS: Your thoughts on Dr. Mordrid?

If I lived in that apartment, I would seldom leave it either. Except for occasional jaunts down to The Strand for more books.

8 Likes

Let me guess. Adam Sandler’s in it. :grimacing:

2 Likes

You guessed correctly. And it’s a cartoon. That said, it could have been worse.

2 Likes

Still waiting on the bloated CGI 90-minute toyfest based on A Parakeet Named Dreidel with songs by the Hamilton guy.

(Well, maybe I’ll get lucky and die first.) :woozy_face:

2 Likes

There’s no way MST3K could cover the entirety of the Full Moon Entertainment library, because… [gestures to the Full Moon Entertainment library]

That being said, I’d be all for them covering whatever they COULD cover of the Full Moon Entertainment library.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what Full Moon movie it is (it takes place in the South) where everyone is drinking this green liquid and they never explain why and they even lampshade that in a post-credits scene? It’s the only thing I remember about the movie.

1 Like

Okay, after a googlesearch I now know what that “I am blue, da ba dee da ba die” thing was about, but I have to say I was disappointed they didn’t sing Billy Idol’s “Eye’s Without a Face” whenever Monitor shows up.

Please tell me someone in the writer’s room at least made the attempt. :grinning:

But Emily’s, “If you had a nose I’d punch you in it”, made up for it

4 Likes

This is a prominent reference somewhere else in either MST3K or RiffTrax (I can hear Bill delivering the line) but I can’t recall where it is—and I’ve never known what it is, either.

1 Like

Sounds like the Nightmare At Noon prequel. Because I’m sure there was a crying need for that.

2 Likes

Puppet Master and Dragonworld and I’m good.

2 Likes

I’m Blue was HUGE for like 3 weeks in the late '90s.

4 Likes

I must have been busy that month.

4 Likes

Will I lose whatever coolness cred I have (not much) if I admit that I own that song and actually like listening to it still? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like it too! Unite brothers and sisters, under the blue ba-ba-dee banner!

1 Like

This, and…

This.

His apartment set is fabulous. Weird plastic knives notwithstanding, the apartment is absolutely amazing. If I were him, I’d only have pajamas and lounge around in there, too. In the modern age, I could even get my groceries delivered same day!

8 Likes

None whatsoever. It was awesome. I have a thing for fad music. It catches on for a reason.

1 Like

I just remembered something very important. And I don’t know why it took me so long to remember. I live in a NYC apartment. I should have known. But…

Up until 1997 it was illegal to have a garbage disposal in NYC. Even now, most older buildings (such as the one I live in) don’t allow them. Too often, stuff gets caught, and then they have to shut off the water to the whole floor, or possibly the whole building, while the plumber tries to work on the pipes.

The reason your garbage disposal doesn’t work is that there never was one installed in the first place. No one is coming to fix it, lady. And your landlord knows it.

10 Likes

That’s what happens when you make a movie in Los Angeles taking place in New York, I guess.

6 Likes

Who else secretly hoped that the heroes would collide with the doofuses from Robot Holocaust coming the other way in the “Central Park” scene?

6 Likes

The question is who would feel more silly? The people who thought they were living in a post-apocalyptic world or the people who thought they were magicians? :slight_smile:

2 Likes