The Framed thread. They may not be cheesy movies (the worst they can find), but can *you* guess the daily movie in six frames?

Booyah! Those book titles really give it away.

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

6 Likes

Easy peasy, lemon breezy.

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

5 Likes

I need to find the box this DVD is packed away in. Love it, but haven’t watched it in ages.

5 Likes

BANG! Got it in 1.

6 Likes

This is one I’ve been meaning to watch, but I just haven’t gotten to it yet.

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

5 Likes

Hey! I’m starting to like this Framed thing!

Framed #441

5 Likes

Never heard of it.

5 Likes

Never seen it, can’t remember hearing about it?

Oh well.

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

5 Likes

I always want to recommend this one to the right people—and you kinda have to be the right people—but it’s hard to do so without giving too much away. And by “too much away,” I mean “anything.” The less you know, the better. Let’s just say it’s meta to an almost fractal degree, and if you enjoy the director’s other work (like Being John Malkovich) you’ll dig it.

7 Likes

Yeah, the movie in question, Adaptation, is a tricky recommend, because you NEED people to be in that Spike Jonze / Charlie Kaufman sweet spot of very specific lunacy.

The right people, indeed. But if you ARE those people, hot damn. It is an EXPERIENCE.

And amen to the whole “the less you know, the better” thing. Go in as blind as you can go, and the ride’s all the sweeter.

6 Likes

And let’s be honest: Who among doesn’t have a reason to use the quote “**** fish. I renounce fish.” once in a while?

4 Likes

I do have a fondness for Charlie Kaufman

5 Likes

Y’all are forgetting the real draw of this film - dual Nic Cage!!!

5 Likes

Alas, this one stumped me:

Framed #441

3 Likes

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

Got it in three. By looking up “Meryl Streep” and “Susan Orlean” from the third frame. No way would I have gotten it otherwise.

TBH, I should love these guys but I just find them creepy. I think it’s Kaufman, specifically, because I’ve liked Michel Gondry’s post-Kaufman films much better. And they’re not better movies in any technical sense and their narratives are a little aimless. But I just get bad vibes from both Being John Malkovich and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

4 Likes

Got nothin’ on the first frame, but the cast in the second frame seemed familiar.

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

Got it on the last guess. Never saw it, heard bad things about it, but familiar with the book.

4 Likes

I totally brain farted on the title of the movie, even though I recognized it from promotional materials.

4 Likes

Oh golly, will you look at that, a 2018 release? That’s different, using a movie from the last 20 odd years… :roll_eyes: thank you game, thank you so bloody much!!

Never saw it, never ever will see it, remember the trailer and got it on the last guess.

3 Likes

Never saw it. I have a vague memory of this coming out. As I recall it was also soundly panned.

3 Likes