The Homestretch of Season 13

I feel like there hasn’t been enough discussion about his return. Of course, it felt so natural to me that I didn’t even notice it until Tim mentioned it during the livestream.

5 Likes

So is Penn going to talk over the end of the episode like the old days? Just kidding, I know they wouldn’t do that. Would they?

8 Likes

Ha, yeah, I thought the same thing… nice to hear him on the preview, but let’s not do that other thing, n’kay? :wink:

3 Likes

Hearing Penn intro the clip was really poignant . Took me right back to those Comedy Central days.

6 Likes

This has been a dream of mine for a while now.

11 Likes

I can not BELIEVE I didn’t notice Penn doing the voice on that! I guess subconsciously, since I started watching on Comedy Central, that my brain was just like “yeah, so what, it’s Penn, it’s always been Penn.” Wow, crazy man!

7 Likes

It would be an idea of Dr. Kabahl’s to increase ratings… everyone loves Penn!

7 Likes

I knew that was Penn but thought I must have missed an announcement.

6 Likes

But did they pay him in actual cans of Penn [tm] ? :tennis:

4 Likes

After hearing Penn, I had to go watch this. They ran this commercial non-stop.

8 Likes

Yes, it’s great to hear Penn intro the trailer, but anyone puzzled that Spy Month ends with a sci-fi movie that is barely connected to an HG Wells book?
I think Kabahl is about to expose his true plan: vengeance against the Forresters because he’s really a future test case who wants to improve the experiment or else.
You think Jonah, Joel and Emily know this?
Actually, I was hoping Kabahl’s not from the future but it’s really a scam by Gizmonic to take over the experiment. Maybe it still is. We might know by Turkey Day

6 Likes

At Penn, we’re nuts about balls.

5 Likes

Some of us would think it was funny, but I imagine about 80% of people watching would have no idea why it’s funny. Then again, they’ve re-embraced “the right people will get it” in the reboot, so who knows?

8 Likes

Ooo then I can add it to movies that MST3K did that I paid money to see!

4 Likes

I just assumed that this was the start to whatever-theme October is, since October starts the next day.

Also, the themed months may not have been part of the plan when the schedule for the episode premieres was drawn up.

4 Likes

I would think October is Spooky Month, which means Bride of the Monster will be featured, along with Hobgoblins, Samson vs. Vampire Women, Screaming Skull, etc.
I still think we’ll learn more about Kabahl finally

2 Likes

H.G. Wells’s The Shape of Things to Come (1979) is now live on the Gizmoplex.

2 Likes

of course they do. Remember First Spaceship to Venus?

1 Like

The newest short Balance Beam for Girls (1971) is now available on the Gizmoplex.

6 Likes

Here, here about Joel. Totally agree. I hope he’s proud of this season and what his team accomplished. Can’t wait to see what’s coming next.

3 Likes