The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

This is regrettable in an entirely different way from the rest of this thread. Regrettable if you spend money on it and regrettable what comes out the next morning when you’ve digested it.

This is from a restaurant called The Sugar Factory that my daughter really wants to go to. If I’m feeling better by next weekend, we may go. They also have self-described “insane milkshakes,” which is what she wants. I believe she wants this one in specific:

That may be regrettable after she eats it too. But yummy.

And then there’s the King Kong Sundae.

1 Like

And before anyone else suggests it, no they don’t serve a Killer Shrew.

3 Likes

I read up on that place; the Sugar Factory has many locations both in the USA and abroad.

Home Page - (sugarfactory.com)

Their milkshakes are called “insane milkshakes” and I can see why.

I won’t lie - those look SO DELICIOUS! But they probably are diabetes waiting to happen!

4 Likes

Yep. I posted the one she wants above. We walked by the location in Indianapolis when we were taking a break from Indy ComiCon and she saw those milkshakes and did a Tex Avery eye-pop.

4 Likes

I can’t believe your daughter wants to eat an innocent Muppet.

2 Likes

Innocent? Martha Stewart had to tie him up just to stop him from getting to the cookies.

2 Likes

Geez, tying up Cookie Monster? Why not put a lid on that cat bowl?

2 Likes

I would 100% eat the one on the left.

2 Likes

Don’t make me give the stop overthinking your ice cream treats speech again. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m going to be Devil’s Advocate here for a moment. Experimentation is necessary for innovation, and most fail to catch on in the search for a combination that works. Even the ones that ultimately do will initially have their detractors. Way back when, I’m sure there were people saying, “Peanut butter and chocolate??? This madness cannot stand!!!”

3 Likes

I see your Devil’s Advocate and raise you licorice jelly above.

2 Likes

OH no. This is a raid. I’m shutting down this high-stakes game before someone throws a clam chowder popsicle on the table.

3 Likes

Sounds like approval to me! :wink:

2 Likes

The fruit-licorice combo is one I’d try just to say I tried it. Not shelling out good money for the whole jar, though. Here’s 25 cents for a to-go trial size.

2 Likes

I think I saw a commercial about that once

2 Likes

When Henri le Roux thought of adding salt to caramel, people probably thought he was nuts.
Spoiler: he was not.

5 Likes

May I remind you of this? You people are too forgiving.

1 Like

He would’ve left in on the drawing table if he could’ve predicted salted caramel lattes and salted caramel antacids and such, though.

2 Likes

This is… truly nasty.

2 Likes

Tasted a bit like coconut.

2 Likes