There was a Gamera anime that was just announced for Netflix

Nobody panic…
“From the Showa era to the Heisei era, it has been decided to produce a new work “GAMERA -Rebirth-” of the great monster " Gamera” that has been loved by monster fans around the world.In addition, it will be released worldwide on Netflix! strong text" -Translation from the description.

8 Likes

hesback

6 Likes

OHOHOHO, HELL YEAH! Been waiting for new Gamera content for years.

5 Likes

But will he be friend to all children or destroyer of electrical lines?

6 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

Hope it’s better than the Godzilla anime. Though “Singular Point” wasn’t bad… when it shut up with the minutiae and exposition and allowed the Kaiju to do their thing.

Learn from Godzilla’s mistakes, oh friend to all children.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m gonna stop you right there… Tell me you haven’t seen a Kaiju movie without telling me.

“HuMaNs TaLk ToO mUcH! WhErE’s My BiG mOnStErS?”

Every single Kaiju movie I have ever seen in my life, good and bad, have focused on the humans more than the Kaiju. Always. So I don’t know where or why everyone suddenly decided they aren’t necessary and are the bad parts of the movies, especially considering every Kaiju related thing in history has had the humans as the audience POV.

5 Likes

Ok, I’m going to stop you right there… you don’t know me, or my opinions on Kaiju films in general, only my quick assessment of Singular Point.

And “everyone?” nope, there are plenty of us who like the human side of these pictures.

I’ve always been a backer of the people parts of these tales, from Gamera vs Barugon to, well, my list of Godzilla awards is full of affection for the humans…

3 Likes

If only they’d held on to a certain show that has a vested interest in Gamera, they could be doing all kinds of cross-promotion.

5 Likes

I despise it when a poster mixes uppercase and lowercase letters to respond to another. It’s infantile and never a good way to make a point.

Anyway, I couldn’t get into the Netflix Godzillas so I’m wary about this but Gamera getting revived is a good thing.

5 Likes

If it doesn’t have at least one Timmy and one Kenny, I’m not watching.

5 Likes

I quite enjoy the human stories in Mothra, Godzilla Vs. Mothra, and Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero.

3 Likes

whoo hoo. More Gamera…

3 Likes

I’d approach any offering from Netflix with the same sort of wary caution that I would use approaching a rattlesnake or an angry skunk. I’m not particularly interested in an edgy, grimdark reinterpretation of the Gamera property adapted for “modern audiences”.

2 Likes

This news may be really neat, Reiwa era gets its beat, there’ll be some new Gam-era!

2 Likes

I expect anything branded with Netflix is likely to cause a bit of worry, but I’m still willing to give this a shot at this point.

2 Likes

Not to mention Terror Of Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (always the MechaG ones aren’t they?) being outstanding G flicks because of the human stories.

2 Likes

Anime turtle meat just doesn’t have the same flavor, IMHO.

3 Likes

The taste comes off a little flat.

5 Likes

MOST of the ones involving Aliens have pretty good human stories… not including Megalon or Gigan…

2 Likes