This dumb cat on my chest.

My cat will sniff human food but hasn’t wanted any until this morning when I let her sniff my croissant and she snapped it up.

She did steal a piece of banana bread last week, but just left it on the recliner unnibbled.

I had a cat once who would eat broccoli and roses.

4 Likes

Do they eat live catnip plants, or just get big whiff off the plant? My cat used to like catnip, but we never gave her a live plant to abuse.

This is probably a cat-by-cat thing, as most are.

4 Likes

I used to have a live plant. They would nibble at it sometimes.

3 Likes

There are several reactions. We have some fresh catnip growing in the house.

We have had cats that roll around in it like they’ve just done ecstasy…lol.
Our new rescue just gulps the leaf right up with no reaction.
I’ve had a couple that got a little mean!
And there are some that have no reaction whatsoever.

3 Likes

Our late cat Pizza was a six-pound eating machine. She ate everything from green beans and asparagus to pasta and meat. I was like the mother in “A Christmas Story.” For fourteen years, I rarely ate a hot meal as I would have to share with her first (it made every meal for a good month after she passed away at Christmas another dose of heartbreak).

8 Likes

My nineteen year old furry senile delinquent Wolfgang got an X-ray last week and his chest cavity was full of fluid. The vet sent samples to the lab. The diagnosis is “idiopathic,” or in layperson’s terms, “danged if we know.” Doesn’t seem to be causing him any grief so we’re not going to try anything radical.
When I got him home, his hind leg had gone all stiff and he was wobbling around the house like a shopping cat with a stuck wheel. But he got over it mostly over the past few days. I did get some painkiller for him since the vet said Wolfgang does have arthritis. Wonder if I can get some for my own arthritis?

6 Likes

FB_IMG_1684899893306

11 Likes

Your cat has a Mini-Me and he doesn’t look happy about it. LOL!

4 Likes

Food sharing is a deal breaker for the older kitty

3 Likes

When I found my cat, I picked her up an Arby’s sammich on our trip home, to help her feel like the new place would be extra good for her.

She refused the meat completely but joyously stole the bun and ran off with it. She LOVES bread products of all kind.

6 Likes

Turns out some wildcats like tigers and lions will also respond to kitty weed, despite hailing from parts of the world where it isn’t native.

4 Likes

Interesting!

3 Likes

Just type “Do big cats like catnip” into the search function on LeTube and all will be revealed.

3 Likes

8 Likes

My family used to have a cat named Noodle. Total psycho, hated everybody :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

“Get that @&*!(#$ camera out of my face!”

6 Likes

rmvd2sdn5t7y

6 Likes

FB_IMG_1685909196403

13 Likes

“You wanna’ a few more ‘al dentes’ on your [redacted], Buddy? Just come a little closer!!”

1 Like

When I was a kid, we adopted a stray kitten that was meowing outside of our kitchen door (we had 5 acres of land…no idea where this little guy came from) My step father insisted on naming him “Doofus” if we were to keep him…he was an awesome cat…and he LOVED spaghetti!

8 Likes