This Odd House

I called it florescent puke green/yellow but toxic waste is also a good name for it. :grin:

4 Likes

New on the market! A monument to broken dreams and unfulfilled plans.

5 Likes

Now that one, I like!

1 Like

It’s … nice.

I don’t think I’d buy it even if I had won the lottery, but if a long lost relative left it to me, I wouldn’t mind?

2 Likes

Architecturally, that looks remarkably similar to several 1920s-era buildings on my alma mater (Indiana University’s) campus. I guess that was a popular style at the time.

1 Like

I think they call them spite houses?

3 Likes

Not in this case. It’s the last remnant of a demolished mansion.

2 Likes

Stranger Things home is up for sale!

Zillow - 149 Coastline Rd

3 Likes

Hey! That’s not in Indiana!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not on a half-lot, it was just planned as half of a twin house that never got completed. 9000 square feet!!

2 Likes

Very futuristic. There’s a lot going on here, and for only $3.9 million! Which isn’t bad because I feel like you could fond something much more boring for about that same amount lol

4 Likes

That’s crazy! Clearly that is the home’s only selling point, otherwise it’s heinously overpriced. Or else the housing market in Fayetteville is dreadful :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, sorry to spam, but here’s another bad guy type house

Except in this one, because of the very esoteric blend of normal 80s textures and materials mixed with weird angles and almost gothic elements, this is not a super villain house. This is a serial killer house. The fact that most of its in disrepair does not help.

5 Likes

Why is it these modern showplace homes have every single inch painted white (other than the occasional chrome highlight?)

I have floaters. I couldn’t stand looking at acres of white walls all day.

3 Likes

Does it come with the car?

3 Likes

If you bought the place, you could paint it something other than white.

2 Likes

I admit I thought this house was just a big marble slab of bad taste with too much money, but then I saw… the bar

a basement bar with padded teal walls, a puffy leather sofa, multiple pinball machines and two electric guitars mounted on the wall

And now I’m all turned around on this thing.

6 Likes

Other than the hideous, hideous window treatments… I kind of love this house. As a child of the 70’s-80’s this one has a powerful nostalgia vibe for me. And the huge inexplicably shaped blue rug is just the cherry on top.

3 Likes

There’s something disturbing about that house. Maybe it’s the fact that those look like old crime scene photos, but I’m pretty sure something evil’s coming out of those walls when the sun comes down.

2 Likes

Well, home bars are where people with bad taste and too much money can really shine.

I do like the bar back, there.

2 Likes