This Odd House

Marge: “That house is on fire!”
Realtor: “Motivated seller!”

I love it when they provide a floorplan

6 Likes

My wife used to work in a planning department, and they would get a surprising amount of floorplans like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That looks like the sort of map I’d get in a survival horror game. Where half the locks don’t work for some reason.

2 Likes

They helpfully provided before and after photos.

3 Likes

The pending offer gets me. Are we so out of land that people are willing to pay huge amounts for a property that they have to raze and rebuild? I get that there’s an adorable guest house on the lot, but wow.

2 Likes

Yeah that was my thought too. I have no idea if that’s a steal for land in Tennessee or not.

1 Like

Franklin, TN is in suburban Nashville. The guest house looks really nice, there’s 5 acres of land and probably a lot of salvageable stuff from the mansion interior. (Some of that ironwork looks pretty sweet.)

Strange as it is, that’s probably a more or less fair price. With the mansion intact it might be more like $10-15 million.

3 Likes

Zero square feet surely is tempting.

4 Likes

It’s not often you get follow up on one of these:

7 Likes

They were looking for a home that they could “kind of renovate.” :smile:

Clearly the statement on Zillow that it was a “total loss” wasn’t really accurate. If I could afford to drop $1.5 million on a house and another couple million on the “renovation” I might have considered it, except that it’s in Tennessee where the politics are not to my liking.

3 Likes

That guy on the left has a smile that says, “I will enjoy eating your face.”

1 Like

“We love the see-ment pond out back!”

3 Likes

That’s what the guy on the right is saying.

2 Likes

The mansion, which was built in 1997, features a large outdoor kitchen and a backyard with a “private park like setting”.

It does not clarify whether the kitchen was outdoors before the roof collapsed.

3 Likes

“…A large mansion with an excellent view of the surrounding grounds…”

3 Likes

How about this oddity?

7 Likes

Please stop screwing around with the AutoCAD.

3 Likes

It’s the prison warden’s house?

3 Likes

Finally: the live-in air traffic control tower I’ve been looking for.

7 Likes

Does it come with its own railroad switching yard?

3 Likes