This Sunday, February 18th, at 3 pm EST - it's Squid's Sunday You-Riff Matinee Valentine's Edition! For loving lovers who love only!

I have not decided whether this will be weekly or bi-weekly yet, but this Sunday will be the first one. We will have shorts and some surprises. Everything public domain. I haven’t watched any of them as usual and just went by the Internet Archive info, so it will be almost as much a surprise for me as it will be for you.

And now I know how this stuff works, so hopefully there won’t be a 10-minute delay due to technical difficulties minus White Dot this time.

I haven’t added up how long it all is together yet, but plan on 1 hour to 90 minutes.

For the new people: I stream the video on Twitch and we riff it here on the forums! You do not need an account to watch streaming video on Twitch. You can just go to the URL and watch like it’s a YouTube video.

The URL: https://www.twitch.tv/flyingsquidmst3k

Channel for smart TVs: FlyingSquidMST3K (There are apparently multiple Flying Squids).

Any questions, feel free to ask away!

9 Likes

If you could be any juggler, living or dead, who would it be?

5 Likes

I’ve got it on my calendar! It sounds like fun.

5 Likes

Steven Ragatz. He got a degree at my alma mater of Indiana University, which has an individualized major program, in juggling! I remember him doing it at festivals in town and such when I was a teenager.

5 Likes

Fun! I’m out of town this weekend but will try to join the next one. (Also I don’t know if you already know/care but there’s a typo in the thread title. Gives it that homemade look we all love.)

7 Likes

Are there any particular snacks that we should have handy?

6 Likes

Well there isn’t anymore, because I’m anal about correcting my spelling.

6 Likes

You are asking the very wrong guy.

7 Likes

WILL THERE BE MASHED POTATOES?!

Mash Up Pasta GIF

5 Likes

That looks like pasta.

4 Likes

It’s what they had in stock (images).

Carbs is carbs. I bet Coleman Francis would agree.

4 Likes

Looking forward to this :+1:

4 Likes

D’oh! I’m an idiot. Looking forward to riffing with everybody

6 Likes

Ensure for everyone!!

6 Likes

I will try to be there! I’m having sleep over guests Saturday… not sure when they will scoot…lol!

2 Likes

Hope to see you there and happy birthday!

2 Likes

Thanks Squid! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Bumping this thread for anyone who didn’t see it yet.

2 Likes

Bumping one last time before this afternoon. Hope to see you there. I think you’ll enjoy the lineup. Would you like me to reveal it before we go or would you like it all to be a surprise?

4 Likes

I’d love to be there, buuuuut, the PACKERS, WOO HOO are playing in a wild card game at that time.

But it sounds like a blast, maybe I’ll take a peek during commercials. Have fun y’all, great idea for lazy Sunday afternoons entertainment.

4 Likes