Vault Pick Theme Ideas?

:notes: Good Women Gone Bad :notes:
(The Leech Woman, Gunslinger, Swamp Diamonds, Viking Women, Angels Revenge, etc.)

3 Likes

Ohhhh, wow. Imagine a watch-a-long of Superdome on a certain weekend in February
 :star_struck: (That’s my favorite KTMA.)

2 Likes

That’s a possibility I hadn’t considered. Though of course I consider mine more probable, yours is an interesting one and I won’t be sore if it turns out to be correct. Though in all likelihood the theme will be something completely different. Only two days until we find out for sure.

1 Like

My guess is similar, it’s “gal trouble”, with predominant female roles. (Notice that I didn’t say good female roles.) Would include Girl’s Town and The Violent Years.

Alternately, it could be time for Stupid Agent Man.

Other movies that could be included in that group which weren’t in my poll are The Castle of Fu Manchu and Diabolik.

1 Like

Looks like SandyFrank was closest with the Stupid Agent Man guess, as September’s theme is Espionage and Intrigue. This month’s selections are Final Justice, Code Name: Diamond Head, Danger!! Death Ray, Mighty Jack, Invasion U.S.A., and Operation Double 007.

5 Likes

Including the tribute, I picked 5 of the 7

Secret Agent Super Dragon

and 4 vault picks

Operation Double 007
Danger!! Death Ray
Code Name: Diamond Head
Mighty Jack

Didn’t really see Final Justice under that heading, but okay, and they went with Invasion, over Rocket Attack USA

2 Likes

Tooting my own horn, I also picked 5 of the 7.

I had Final Justice in my list because they seem to cater to the crowd that only watches the Sci-Fi Channel episodes and I knew they’d have at least one.

3 Likes

How about a Theme of “Movies with Musicians”? This would be movies where the main characters are musicians and/or singers. Candidates are

Giant Gila Monster
The Beatniks
The Girl in Gold Boots
Pod People
Daddy-O
Untamed Youth

3 Likes

Epic Failure Month. Celebrating all the attempts to make films about the eternal struggle of Evil vs the Narrator, er Good. The Earth, or other worlds are in peril and great heroes doing great deeds must arise. Or we watch their failure and are treated to a lengthy upskirt short of a dwarf (Cabot!).

The Sword and the Dragon
The Day the Earth Froze
Outlaw
Cave Dwellers
Lost Continent
The Saga of the Viking Women and their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent

Alts: Warrior of the Lost World, The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, Jack Frost, Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, Parts: The Clonus Horror, Prince of Space, Quest of the Delta Knights, Crash of the Moons.

3 Likes

As of tonight, Devil Doll’s gonna have a tribute livestream in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

And they used the poster of the Tod Browning movie

4 Likes

How embarrassing. Fixed!

9 Likes

I posted a Devil Doll poster from France in the illustrated poster thread, it would have been funny to have used that. Art house Gizmoplex, oui, oui!

So, what will they pair with The Bubble?

It’s November, so Blood Beast with Turkey Day segments sounds like good odds.

Space Invaders month?

• Night of the Blood Beast
  • Being From Another Planet
  • Teenagers from Outer Space (yeah this was a vault pick in March, but before they had the Synthia Selects)
  • The Creeping Terror
  • Laserblast
  • Robot Monster

Need a 7th (or one to replace Teenagers)? The Rocky Jones movies (though mostly set in space, there is one where they come to Earth) / Phantom Planet is a possible, though again, it’s not an invasion of Earth / Pod People was already used / but wouldn’t it be cool if we got a limited engagement of the movie?

3 Likes

Idk if I said this before, or just thought it.

But for November, Turkey Month, Turkey Day, Turkey Turkey
 they should do the worst/hardest to watch movies of the series. All the most horrid, unwatchable, absolutely Turkiest Turkies that ever Turkied.

So Manos, six times in a row???

3 Likes

Also- for April 1 next year, can we just have all the episodes, regardless of the theme, for one day all be the artwork and title of “Revenge of the White Dot”???

3 Likes

Since The Bubble is supposed to be “the next Manos” a worst-of-the-worst month would be fun.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was going to answer, you took the words right out of my mouth! More or less.

I think it’ll be a month for the notorious entries, the worst of the worst of the worst movies.

It would have to involve a repeat of the Manos tribute event, so I’m thinking that might be off the table.

The Castle of Fu Manchu, on the other hand

3 Likes

This, pretty much.

I think this could really lend itself well to some fun Gizmoblip sketches and Synthia’s Selects bumpers!

3 Likes

I really don’t think they’ll do a worst-of-the-worst month because they seem intent on continuing to appeal to the more casual fans who wouldn’t sit still for this many really tedious movies, but if they do I think this is a potential list, with one of them being the tribute episode.

Castle of Fu Manchu
Being from Another Planet
Robot Monster
The Creeping Terror
Monster A-Go-Go
Night of the Blood Beast
Blood Waters of Dr. Z

Night of the Blood Beast is a good choice for this month because of the Turkey Day segments.

4 Likes