VIP"s in the MST3K Metaverse

Mst3k does not mess around when it comes to Delicious cheesefest movies. but all these movies have fun characters we grow to love. here is a list of my picks for VIP’s. seasons 11-13 are freshest in my mind so here they are… these are just my opinions , please feel free to add yours. from any season of course…

season 11— TEAM CAPSULE
Bigfoot - cry wilderness
Elle - starcrash
Icho - Yongary
Gulfax - Wizards of the lost kingdom
Whipple - christmas that almost wasnt

Season 12 - TEAM PRETTY NICE

Eric and Mac - Mac and Me
Admiral Hadley - atlantic rim
green pyramid - the day time ended
Roon - Ator

season 13 - TEAM AHHHHHHH

Perico - Santo and the lost treasure of dracula
Stumpy - robot wars
East Eddie - Beyond Atlantis
Munchie - Munchie
Fin - christmas dragon

8 Likes

My VIP pick from Starcrash is the cheesy Southern-accented robot. He’s delightfully punchable! (but don’t punch robots, they’re made of metal)

9 Likes

i love that robot hahaha

4 Likes

I Dont Understand Arrested Development GIF

4 Likes

NM

1 Like

Have there been any Torgo levels of MVP during these past 3 season, or even an unheralded MVP like Mikey (Teen-Age Strangler)? Lets see.

Not using what’s been named… from season 11

• Danny McKee from Time Travelers - actor Steve Franken also was in Avalanche, so he could be a supporting MVP candidate (along with other repeat episode actors like Caroline Munroe and their characters)
  • Jim, our laughing Indian from Cry Wilderness
  • I’d also consider the Janitor in Reptilicus, though he’s not at 100% power without his song (seen only in the foreign version)
  • But if talking chimps count, I’ll chose Alexander the Great

Season 12

• Dancing green elf in The Day Time Ended (and I like Roon, but yeah, I’d probably go along with Bull Butter man, played by the esteemed, though slumming it, Graham Green)

Season 13 - you’ve named a lot of the good ones (East Eddie, Perico) but who else is there?

• “Cab, Mister?” from the Bubble
  • The cast of Demon Squad (how can I select just one?)
  • The doodad lady, The Masks own Mrs. Kelly
  • Bloodthirsty Susan in Gamera vs. Jiger

I’m still taking Torgo as the overall MVP of MST3K, but I think, after more opinions come in, maybe we could put together a poll of all the named candidates for MVP of season 11, then 12, then 13… and finally take the winners and have a Nu-MST MVP-off.

EDIT: Yeah, for some reason my eyes scrambled, and I saw MVP instead of VIP, but it’s just about the same. So, I’ll stick with the post as is.

9 Likes

Outside of the principals, Mr Fifty Shades of Beige was the standout of that movie.

6 Likes

Four words- Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy!

5 Likes

Shout-Out to Mrs. Kelly from The Mask. The word “Doodads” has seen a renaissance in this household and we’re all the better for it.

9 Likes

I’d like to think that Doctor Mordrid has something like that in the big bad Kabal. I’m always game for an amusing villain, and Brian Thompson delivers big time as Kabal.

That’s also why I would throw nods to Mooney from The Beatniks, Troxartas from Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, and Baba Yaga from Jack Frost as key figures of their respective movies.

5 Likes

There are a couple particular actors- not characters- that I would brand VIPs. Tor Johnson and Doug McLure come to mind. And Joe Don Baker, for more infamous reasons.

8 Likes

Bob Johnson - Space Mutiny

The Band That Played California Lady - Track of the Moonbeast
The Stew (Runner Up)

Natalie “That’s fascinating” Burke - Werewolf

The Bar - Killer Shrews

The Poopie Suit - The Starfighters

8 Likes

Tommy Carter (Frankie Avalon) from Sumuru would make my list.

5 Likes

Ina small but pivotal role –

Kitchen Cheerleader!

6 Likes

The Anteater - Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

5 Likes

jeremiahjohnson

6 Likes

youre a genius

5 Likes

that is an amazing choice.

7 Likes

Waffles - The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent

4 Likes

the six canon fodder…KNIGHTS from The Magic Sword

6 Likes