Weekly Update: 12/3 - 12/6: Los Angeles production winds to a close

I do appreciate that there’s much more “open concept” construction going on. Allows so much more space for the audience. :wink:

1 Like

My sister loves escargot and she says she likes it for the garlic and butter and I’m like, you know garlic bread exists, right?

5 Likes

michael cera bread GIF

3 Likes

No, but just be careful. Somewhere back there is the Arc of the Covenant.

1 Like

This is true but it’s still no excuse for eating snails. :snail: :butter: :garlic:

2 Likes

Thank you for updating. These updates are one of my favorite things!

3 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Not a total fan of the ‘printed decal on the front’ design of the desk since even the background is going to be green screened, but maybe it’ll look better on camera when lit and the background is added. Texture and depth from real greebles are fun details.

3 Likes

Two things:

1. Thanks for another terrific update!

2. If we ponied up a little more money for the Kickstarter campaign, we could have gotten a 14th episode where everyone just sits around eating Raisin Snails for an hour and a half.

7 Likes

Also, if we ever need a plot device for a host escaping the Satellite of Love, the Mads could always have an escape pod hidden in a box marked “RAISIN SNAILS”.

10 Likes

What does Raisin Snails have to do with this week’s update?!

2 Likes

Craft table stuff they mention there.

3 Likes

(pictures taken from the MST3K craft services table, where Raisin Snails went summarily ignored)

4 Likes

4 Likes

snack related content is the superior content!!!

i’m glad to see the snack situation in LA is more robust than in philly. the poor east coast crew was deprived of raisin snails. someone add them to the tour rider so all can enjoy.

2 Likes

I am absolutely stoked that the classic episode downloads are almost here. Very much looking forward to binging some MST3K over Christmas!

3 Likes

RE: Green Screening

I think that if you write something funny enough, especially a show like MST3K, then the background really should just be not consciously noticed. It’s enough ( at least to me) to know you’re in space, on the SOL, and here’s the comedy.

Which isn’t to say that green screen is ideal, it’s just that we are not living in ideal times and this was much better with as many people shooting together as possible versus everyone shooting one shots to be composited into a group scene.

I will say that it’s good that Kinga’s chosen color is purple and not the green of Clay…otherwise we’d have floating heads. One wonders if Pearl has a color change to compensate or if they went blue screen there.

6 Likes

Raisin snails are evil, but that’s because raisins are pure concentrated evil in small, vile, chewy bits.

3 Likes

Raisins are just dried up grapes.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s a Bezos technicality for raisin qualification. Some advertisings tout “plump” raisins. So, how plump can a raisin be before it’s technically a grape again?

3 Likes