Welcome to the Gizmoplex video on VHX!

This isn’t the Gizmoplex proper, though … VHX is just the video streaming architecture that will be a part of the Gizmoplex.

3 Likes

Sure, but I guess the is the backbones of the Gizmoplex. Right?

3 Likes

It’s some of the ductwork, at least.

5 Likes

The Gizmoplex proper, is really just a UI that will utilize this video platform. Or am I misunderstanding?

1 Like

I expect the Gizmoplex to be a lot more than just the Vimeo front. Some of the ideas mooted include a concessions stand and possible a meet-up lobby.

1 Like

Ah okay, well it’s nice to see the direction they are taking with this. A solid foundation to build out from.

2 Likes

Aye, it’s some of the core tech, and at least it’s a proven rather than something bespoke and untested.

2 Likes

I was worried that the Gizmoplex would be crowded, and overtly complex. But I’m excited if they take a similar approach. Less is more to me, I’d rather have some solid core features then a bunch of half way thought out “features”.

I’m not 100% sure how the concession would work. Did they mention anything further details?

1 Like

They’re gonna use the leftovers for a new, summertime look for GPC, I bet!

Nothing solid that I’ve heard yet, but my guess would be a fairly straightforward online shop. Could even be as simple as a Squarespace, but I expect it to have MST3K branding and merch not available elsewhere. From what was bandied about during the fundraising it also sounded like it might carry literal concessions snacks and such, too.

3 Likes

RAM chips for everyone!

3 Likes

Here’s hoping for raisin snails!

2 Likes

Ah, merch makes more sense. I was thinking of only food, and was thinking it was going to be kinda strange to purchase popcorn and have to wait for days to get it haha.

1 Like

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

4 Likes

wow… just shy of a mil for the gauntlet… what a bargain :wink:

2 Likes

And worth every penny.

5 Likes

Did folks get a notice/invite/code in email, or…? Haven’t seen any notice on this.

2 Likes

No. This was just from people sleuthing around on the VHX page

4 Likes

My understanding is that you are correct, especially for the Smart TV/streaming apps, at least at first. Eventually they want to make things interactive and more “fun,” but when it launches I expect it to be basically just a wrapper for their VHX page and their live streams.

2 Likes

Hi
Anyone know how to login? Or Redeem a Kickstarter code? Or is none of it active yet, making me grow impatient as hours turn into days and weeks, and my hair is pulled out and my mouth drys out, and my feet fall numb…sorry it’s driving me mad :slight_smile:
J/k
Im just excited.

1 Like