What are you listening to right now?

My favorite Cyndi song still.

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

And currently, I think it’s a hip waltz. A rare tune in three time that isn’t actually played in six. I mean, Pat shreds it up, but it never loses its character as a simple waltz. Maybe Waltz For Debbie is the only other tune in three, or maybe Someday/Prince, that retains that character of being in 3/4 vs 6/8. You know, among tunes people play. Even All Blues has that 6/8 feel, at least from anyone I’ve ever heard play it and play it myself.

And currently was doing some ear training and happened on this gem

2 Likes

It’s raining in stilettos from here clear down to Mexico

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

For Linda?

1 Like

I have that Bloom song that’s the theme to Scott Pilgrim Takes Off stuck in my head this morning. Not sure what’s going to shift it but I’m going to try this, which Frank Conniff mentioned in a tweet earlier and I hadn’t heard of.

Ed. Thought that link might generate a preview. Album is Laura Nyro - Eli & the Thirteenth Confession (1968).

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

“Why is it always bittersweet
On a broken, cloudy day
When I need the sun’s heat?”

2 Likes

Galina Ustvolskaya’s six Piano Sonatas. They are a vibe, as the yoof say, and they also slap. Literally in this case. Or maybe pummel is a better word

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I used to listen to that and cry. As a suburban teen in the late 90s. I can’t explain.

3 Likes

Got up an hour ago and MrsLowell gave me the news about Shane MacGowan. I immediately thought of a lot of great songs he’d written, but the one that’s lodged in my brain was one that she played constantly when it came out as it was a duet between two of our favorites, both sadly now gone…

1 Like

So after weeks of fundraiser-related elation and frustration, hope and disappointment and troll talking points over at those other joints it suddenly came to me: what if, instead of arguing with them about my lowly fan status, I just embraced it? lol

“I’m a fool for you, Silly Puppet Show. And I claim it famously.” : P

After all, living to annoy others is still living, isn’t it? Thanks, Rory. <3

2 Likes

Born and raised landlocked Midwesterner…and same! :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes