What are you listening to right now?

The Avalanches have made some really diverse music and evolved their sound quite a bit over the 20+ years they’ve been around. I’ve always been interested in the “plunderphonics” genre (using samples to create entirely new songs).

This is from 2020, but their first album “Since I Left You” from 2000 is all kinds of brilliant. Knowing that was made with 90s era tech, it’s all the more impressive.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m baking and live-streaming dj’s mixing 80’s dance right now. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

https://stream.labr.online/

3 Likes

Found Footage Fest’s viewers are really awesome when they make remixes of the songs/material on the show. If it isn’t a mashup of creepy children’s movie “Annobin Wap” (a silly reading of the Cyrillic of its original title, Lilac Ball) with the Notorious B.I.G., it’s this remix of Tejano band Super Chino:

(I really like tejano music and this remix is a new approach that’s even more rhythmic. Plus, that choreography…)

2 Likes
2 Likes

That closing solo, damn!

4 Likes

Such an underrated album. Probably my favorite by them. I like every song on it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

70s Scorpions hit different. First heard this song in “Gran Turismo 5”, of all things. Probably my favorite song from them, all things considered.

2 Likes

80s on 8 SiriusXM top 40 (some week in December 1985)

3 Likes

My local radio station just kicked off their “36 Hours of Christmas,” which runs from noon today to 12:01am Dec 26th and is completely commercial free. I always stay up to see what is the last song of the season!

The kick off song, though, is the Jackson 5’s rendition of “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town.”

2 Likes

Whatever the heck this is.

https://400lonelythings.com/album/have-yourself-a-lonely-little-christmas

2 Likes

We have an AM station here in Portland, KBPS, that’s run by the local school district, and they’ve been playing nothing but Christmas music. I’ve had it on often over the past couple of weeks.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Four Seasons: Winter (Second Movement) by Vivaldi. And honestly, I think Quintet’s version of this piece warms my heart.

1 Like

A lady doing anime music for a long time for Christmas.

1 Like

Projekt’s Excelsis compilation. The good, bad, and ugly of eldergoth holiday music.

1 Like
2 Likes

1 Like

A boxset for Boxing Day

4 Likes