What are you listening to right now?

Waiting for the Alcohol Assessment private monopoly company to call me for their “interview.” Worthless pieces of … something.

At least I can listen to and watch something worthwhile while they’re late as hell.

Check out the four volume/expression pedals on Chester’s pedalboard! Odd. Never seen another organist at the Hammond use anything else but the one expression pedal.

1 Like
5 Likes

If you happen to see the new Bill Nighy film Living, I would be interested to know if you saw as much Third Man in it as I did.

2 Likes

I have not, but I’ll put it on my long list.

1 Like

Underrated one hit wonder song. Shame on Flo Rida for ruining it with I Cry.

3 Likes

I really really really get the weirdest things stuck in my head.

2 Likes

Excellent! I first learned this tune from Leon Redbone’s version.

J. Fred Coots may not be the most famous American songwriter, but he did write the music for two timeless classics, “You Go To My Head” and “For All We Know”. His biggest hit though was “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”.

2 Likes

RIPOBD

1 Like

J. Fred Coots you say? This is my fave of his songs…

2 Likes

Bowie covering someone who mentioned he cried. Many of us cried 7 years ago today. RIP Jareth.

Lady Gaga’s Hold My Hand. Finally saw Top Gun: Maverick, and now can’t stop listening to it!

The way the film went and ended, this song was like the cherry on top of an adventure you didn’t expect.

I imagine if Michael Bay’s Pearl Harbor had been able to hit as emotionally as Maverick, the Faith Hill song There You’ll Be might have been incredibly successful in 2001.

2 Likes

Get it greasy now!

4 Likes

Kind of pertinent to us Californians right now

1 Like
4 Likes

A good reason it’s on of JBJ’s better songs. RIP Jeff.

1 Like

Captain Jack by Billy Joel

Contrary to what many people think, this song was NOT about glorifying drugs. Joel said so; he said it was an anti-drug song. It’s about an affluent white teenager from the suburbs who gets drugs from a dealer named “Captain Jack”. Joel found it ridiculous that such a person would have to resort to drugs; their life was not so horrible to need drugs!

3 Likes

You might also like…

3 Likes

There are “singers” and then there are singers.

1 Like

I like the Manhattan Transfer, but my favorites of theirs are “Four Brothers” and then maybe “Java Jive”.

2 Likes

Music that feels just right for a January afternoon

4 Likes