What are you listening to right now?

One of the few “nu metal” bands I dig. Never got into them until that Sound City doc by Dave Grohl. RIP JJ.

2 Likes

Sussman1

The Power Steves.
(Don’t anyone mention “Lady of Spain”.)

4 Likes

I don’t know how a band can rock so hard while still being utterly adorable, but there you go.

3 Likes

The full “Wish You Were Here” album. My grandfather passed away today in 2002. The next day, while my parents were away making funeral arrangements, I popped this one in the stereo. It’s been an annual tradition ever since.

5 Likes

My sincerest condolences, @meshuggen8r. I’ll lift a mug to his memory.

2 Likes

For reasons I don’t completely understand, I’m listening to the main theme from Ron Howard’s 1977 directorial debut, Grand Theft Auto.

(You can hear the instrumental in the background of a scene in Avalanche, incidentally.)

1 Like

You wanna hear a Background Theme WTF™ for the ages?

Try standing in line for a ride at Walt Disney World and suddenly realizing the ambient music playing is actually a Muzak version of the theatrical Battlestar Galactica theme!

4 Likes

Okay, that’s boss!

2 Likes

Or when you’re wandering around MG – Sorry, Disney’s Hollywood Studios (:roll_eyes:) and you hear the Harry Potter theme*, or Amazing Stories music. LOL!

(Which ride has the classic BSG theme?)

* for those wondering why that’s so jarring, Universal Studios, just down the road from Disney, has a huge HP themed area.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I was legit surprised they didn’t follow it up with the Buck Rogers theme! (Those two shows are inexorably linked in my mind.)

Soarin’. Which makes some sense; if I had heard it at, say, Frozen Ever After, I would have been VERY confused!

3 Likes

Ahh, I’ve never actually stood in line for that one. We always FastPasssed it. (Guess that won’t be happening any more. grumble. grumble)

2 Likes

We Genie±ed it (same as Fastpass, only that you pay for it and you have to use it before you can book another one; Iger hates it and would probably like to go back to FP, but they’ve already changed everything to G+ and it’d be $ to change back…) We were waiting for Patrick to start the pre-flight briefing when we heard it.

1 Like
1 Like

This, because Burt’s just gone to a groovier place. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

And now the best LP from the person who married Michael Penn (posted somewhere above).

From Bachelor No. 2, you might recognize a couple of folks in the vid

2 Likes

New DM song dropped yesterday.

1 Like

By the way, this is a weird as all heck video.

3 Likes

I love that video! It was the winner of a contest held by George’s widow and son to create official videos for some of his songs. This was the winner. The two kids are actually professional ballet dancers from San Francisco.

4 Likes

I just don’t get the weird zombie part at the beginning mostly.

1 Like