What are you listening to right now?

“I watch my tired eyes perceive
Even you are only make believe…”

1 Like

:cry: Joe Zawinul (1932-2007), Wayne Shorter (1933-2023)

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Tower of Power’s What is hip?, covered by Tokyo Groove Jyoshi.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Meat City - edit, well that’s a cool coincidence… I thought I double posted, but nope, someone else was listening to a track from Mind Games.

3 Likes

If any band was born to score a Surf-Horror Creature Feature, it’s this trio.

1 Like

It’s Friday! New Big 40 80s on 8 Sirius XM Countdown episode! Week of March 1988.

1 Like

Was reading a transcription of this while waiting for my name to be called at a few places today.

Finally, at home, I get to listen to this again. Unlike many of the giant chord stabs, these make sense for even a ham-handed hack like me.

Plus. Good tune, you know.

2 Likes
1 Like

I don’t want to sleep, so I’m listening to the Beatles: Live at the BBC - a few tracks…

Yeah, Ringo’s a bad drummer :roll_eyes:

Love their harmonies, so district those blended voices

Despite a flub here and there, this was a favorite, wished they’d have recorded it in the studio

A Liverpool standard, wonder why they didn’t consider recording this for “Beatles for Sale” (would have better than Mr. Moonlight)

2 Likes

tom petty GIF

3 Likes

Because I can.

/* edit:

Yeah, listening through the “album”:

Beautiful, IMHO one of the most difficult but easiest ballads to play. It practically plays itself.

The only version I’ve heard that compares with the weirdo voice leadings Bill plays in his (to me) classic version, vide licet:

It’s an odd tune…with that chromatic bridge, but I guarantee anyone likes it. Or your money back.

*/

2 Likes
5 Likes

A 6?

A 6?!?!

Man, that Buddy Hackett really was full of shipoopi!

With that score, I’m guessing the group did not take home the cherished prize that day.

2 Likes

Multicultural psych rock - just stumbled upon this all unawares.

1 Like
2 Likes

Just another day for them.

2 Likes

I’ve recently fallen into this rabbit hole of lo-fi SNES covers.
For example:

1 Like