What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey, isn’t that that Beatles tune?

“Woke up, fell out of bed, spewed some fire water out my head.”

NEVER MIND.

OK, finally the DMV sent me plates and registration tags. Took all the dealership crap and the paper temp license out of the back window and popped those babies right onto the mounts.

Next step: use some Gorilla Spray Adhesive to discourage any industrious thieves. A little dab will do ya, I’m sure.

For external use only. Oh, who am I kidding! If they want to steal the plates it doesn’t take a criminal mastermind to subvert any deterrents a simple weenie like me can think of.

2 Likes

My secret is out.

I often pepper my post with references (I blame MST) - that’s one of the easier, obvious ones. At the “Never Seen the Godfather” thread for example, I wrote… “I’ve made some amazing discoveries” - Amazing Discoveries was a series of informercials hosted by Mike Levey.

It’s just something weird I do.

But you’ll go insane if you try to find them all, because some are personal - stories from my life, lyrics from songs I wrote (the words “crystal clarity” in one of the first posts I posted here, comes from a song - it suited the sentence, but I only worded it that way for the esoteric reference)

Now that folks are aware of my sweet madness, will they think of me differently?

2 Likes

Yes. Yes they will.

Did you ever have any “private” thoughts about the movie The Shining? No judgment expressed. Just…priming wondering about things.

2 Likes

No private thoughts, though I do love the carpeting at the Gizmoplex

3 Likes

Come join us in the Gardener’s Corner thread anytime!

2 Likes

HBD, TeriG!

4 Likes

It’s been forever and a day since I’ve done any gardening. But I’d like to again.

I looooooooved growing hot peppers and pumpkins.

Also also…

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

… happiest of birthdays to ya! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, @MichaelRobertson and @optiMSTie!

4 Likes

Very welcome, @TeriG! :smiley:

And where the gardening is concerned, I hope you’ll be able to get something going in that direction when you want to - cheers, and all the best!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, @TeriG!

3 Likes

Drove the BatCar around some more today. Big improvement in the ride.

1 Like

HBD @TeriG

4 Likes

HBD? Happy Batcar Day? Oh…got it!

Happy birthday to @TeriG!

birthday feliz cumpleanos GIF by HuffPost

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I had a great day at Lake Michigan!

11 Likes

Splish splash and happy birthday!

4 Likes

Big If True

7 Likes

The start list for the Vuelta a Espana is out and I am SO STOKED!

4 Likes

I was just informed by Major League Baseball HR Person that my sixth (!!) Zoom interview has been called off because they’re putting an offer together for me.

So yay for no more interviews, and less poverty, and more health insurance coverage, and fewer feelings of despair and worthlessness, and the brakes I can now afford for my car, and no more hat-in-hand conversations with smug silicon valley start-up punks, and bailing TF off of LinkedIn again. Yay.

14 Likes

Congratulations! It sounds like it’s been a long time coming!

2 Likes