What are you watching right now???

Don’t try to binge it all at once. It took us a few days to watch all of it. Really interesting to see their process.

2 Likes

We get it on DVD. We only have disc 1 (ep. 1) right now. So, there’s some built in spacing. Just got to the point where George left.

(I would spoiler that, but it happened 50+ years ago…)

4 Likes

Veronica Mars s1e17

First appearance of Ken “I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!” Marino.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed this movie.

4 Likes

I hope they do more period piece Predator stuff.

2 Likes

Spooky

Movie length version of a failed pilot, from many of the folks who gave us the original Outer Limits, including OL actors, Martin Landau, Nellie Burt, Leonard Stone (there’s a name for your character actors thread) as well as Diane Baker… who I could have sworn was in an OL or a Twilight Zone, but wasn’t (according to IMDB, color me surprised). Also features the great Judith Anderson.

It does have a Limits vibe to it, very gothic, a little overly wordy.

Oh, and while looking at the actor’s filmographies, I saw the title, “Deadman’s Curve”, which was a made for TV movie about Jan and Dean that I saw as a teen, but apparently forgot about, and didn’t have marked as watched at Letterboxd. So cool beans, there’s another one to add to the film diary.

3 Likes

Running Scared (1986)
Buddy cop comedy with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Enjoyable chemistry between the leads, but a little hit and miss overall.
Certainly worth a watch, while it’s still on Tubi.

3 Likes

This Johnny Smoke anti-smoking public service announcement.

It is powerful. I can’t tell who is narrating it - is that James Earl Jones or Thurl Ravenscroft?

1 Like

That’s James Earl Jones.

2 Likes

Just wrapping up Stage 20 of the Giro. Zoinks! What a finish!

1 Like

I was literally screaming when Primoz had the mechanical. And then to take 40 seconds anyway!!! And did you see the footage of his team? I don’t think Sepp took a breath for about 20min.

I’ve backed Primoz from the start, so I was overjoyed (hope this puts TdF 2021 to rest), but man, G is just a class act from top to bottom, isn’t he?

2 Likes

Columbo, Pilot #2: “Ransom for a Dead Man”

Lee Grant is great as the central character, but her confrontational, sarcastic, rude, step-daughter Margaret steals the show. I think she may actually be a bigger foil to the killer than Columbo himself…

3 Likes

Quite the race this year. PR would have smoked the field otherwise.

2 Likes

Saw that on The Movie Channel years ago when my family upgraded to the highest Dish package that included SOME premium like that and Encore and loved it. Such a quotable underrated buddy comedy.

“Hablo Smith and Wesson?”

Starring “Lots of Actors.”

3 Likes

Columbo couldn’t have cracked the case in the way that he did without her help.

2 Likes

First she tried to slap Columbo, then she helped him get the evidence to put away her sociopathic killer step mother by convincing here she was just as awful as she is. Awesome. #TeamMaggie

Forty years ago today…

1 Like

And following the Priest comes this DVD…

1 Like

I’m trying to decide which is more bewildering to me as a non-viewer: you and @klcorridon talking about cycling, or everyone on Twitter talking about Succession :joy: I kind of love the cycling talks, it sounds so cosmopolitan. Success is a glorified soap opera.

2 Likes

Saturday Night Fever but it’s Sunday morning services?

1 Like