What ever happened to the MST3K The Movie?

…is there a place on the forums for designating meetups?

2 Likes

We have the same! Would have to be outdoors…we have no place to set that up inside.

Ok backyard movie night!!! Firepit. Smores. Hot cocoa. Bailey’s for said cocoa. POPCORN!

3 Likes

Um…I think so…sec…

3 Likes

Oh, fine, I’ll go ahead and say my piece: I’m very glad to have seen the movie several times (not in a theater, though). However Brak &cie. annoy the heck out of me. I just don’t like looking at their orange faces and bulbous heads! I’m sure I’ll see it again sometime, though.

2 Likes

I wasn’t offended but I didn’t think they were funny. :person_shrugging: Working blue is always tricky.

2 Likes

They seemed more about shock and “hey, now we can say this in a movie” than anything else.

3 Likes

You wanna bet the executives suggested putting those in there?

3 Likes

“Go on! The kids are all about the curse words these days! It’ll be hilarious!”

4 Likes

One of them doesn’t even make sense. “Well whoop-de-s**t.” No one says that, do they? That’s not an actual phrase. I mean whoop-de-doo is a phrase, but whoop-de-s**t?

2 Likes

You can say “whoop-de-…” pretty much anything. But I’ve heard whoop-de- :poop: before!

5 Likes

Counterpoint: hearing Tom Servo say, “Well, whoop-de-sh*t!” makes me cackle EVERY time.

14 Likes

I don’t think Kevin had to be forced into it. If the suits had any hand in the number of bad words, I’d bet it was to get them to say fewer of them because of a target rating.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s not THAT blue (more a shade of brown), and the S-Hole planet made me howl (didn’t MJP fess up that she wrote that one?)

And yup, I’ve heard whoop-de-sh-- before, long before the movie.

4 Likes

Ok, fair enough. It always sounded forced to me, but apparently not.

2 Likes

Same. I was half really amused and half “OMG, did they just say that in MST3K???” the first time I heard it there in the the-ay-ter.

4 Likes

Honestly, I feel the disparity of the movie being so differently accessible from the show itself. Most Pokémon movies have been pretty together with the animated series. Especially when movies 7-onward premiered on TV. But as far as distribution rights, Miramax still has its hold on movies 4-7, so much that a movie-celebrating montage on Pokémon socials omitted them

1 Like

Could actually be the other way. The suits probably wanted to bump it up to a PG-13 because a G rating could have meant death at the box office.

HAHAHAHA as if they put it into enough theaters for that to matter.

But the possibility still stands. I guess we will never ever know because which of us has the guts to ask someone who worked on the movie? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

5 Likes

I’ll see if Rando has anything to say about it.

5 Likes

Not since EASTMAN kicked his ass.

4 Likes

Honestly, MST3K The Movie has to be my favorite comedy of all time.

6 Likes