What games have you played recently?

Sneaky archer is just so FUN though!

5 Likes

Hahahahaha EXACTLY!

5 Likes

Just finished Psychonauts 2. Currently hyping myself up for Metroid: Dread by playing Samus Returns and Axiom Verge 2.

4 Likes

Sneaking Level Up GIF by Bethesda

Vanish Xbox One GIF by Xbox

6 Likes

Currently replaying Dead Space 3. Before that I was going thru the Batman Arkham series.

Dead Space GIF by Xbox

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had a hard time making room in my schedule for gaming this year, but I made a point of playing the remake of Myst that just came out. Iā€™m a big fan of Cyan (the company that made it), and felt like they did a great job of updating the game for modern audiences.

I finally bought Spiritfarer last week, and Iā€™m hoping I can get some time to play that over the weekend. Iā€™ve heard nothing but good things about it.

5 Likes

I play it so much, I have to keep waiting for them to add new levels.

(I donā€™t play a lot of games anymore.)

4 Likes

Iā€™m a fan of turn-based strategy games on the PC, often of the so-called ā€œ4Xā€ sort. Iā€™ve played a lot of Civilization and Stellaris, but since what I mostly enjoy about those games is blood-soaked conquest, I stopped updating the latter with version 2.1.3, right before they introduced massive new complexities to the planet development system. Buildings and population management are my least favorite parts of those games, and I outsource them to the AI as soon as I can.

I also like Darkest Dungeon, although it can be kind of intense. I often donā€™t have the mental toughness to play for longer than an hour or so at a time.

4 Likes

I played one character as close to an AD&D cleric as I could within Skyrimā€™s system (heavy armor, one-handed blunt weapons, no training in archery, specializing in Restoration magic) and it was so much harder! Those maces are so slow!

Once she was leveled up a bit I found my footing, and the anti-undead spells are helpful in the earlier levels, but hoo boy. Paddling against the current is a lot of work.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on a retro kick lately so Iā€™ve been playing Chrono Cross on the PSX. Forgot how good it is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve been playing the Star Wars MMO; The Old Republic lately. Well, Iā€™ve been playing it since it launched, but I took a bit of a break at the beginning of the year to play the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and then I went back and replayed the original Mass Effect (With Mods), and now Iā€™m back to playing The Old Republic. Iā€™m actually in the middle of taking my Jedi Knight character through one of the expansion stories now and recording the cutscenes, so I can eventually edit them and upload them online.

But, I figure Iā€™ll take another break when my favorite early 2000 era Star Trek game (Star Trek Armada) is released on GOG sometime ā€œsoonā€.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been going back and forth between Mass Effect Legendary, Frostpunk, and Roundguard. These three games could not be more different if they tried. Iā€™ll also do some Civ VI if none of the other games fits my mood.

3 Likes

I am hopelessly addicted to Fallout 76.

3 Likes

The Myst remake is going to be the fifth time Iā€™ve bought Myst. The original was the first game I ever paid money for, followed by realMyst and Myst on iOS. I didnā€™t know the remake was on the way and, like a grade-A chump, bought realMyst: Masterpiece edition a couple of months ago in the hope of convincing my SO to play it for the first time. I just canā€™t turn down Myst with VR support.

5 Likes

This is the truth, right here.

Same here. The Old Republic honestly plays more like a single player game at times than an MMO, so I guess it fits.

As for myself, Iā€™ve been playing through Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC. I never had an Xbox (and Iā€™ve never liked how first-person shooters feel with console controllers) so I only ever was able to play the PC port of Combat Evolved. Playing through the rest has been a blast.

(P.S. I enjoyed them all, butā€¦ Combat Evolved > Reach > 3 > ODST > 2 > 4)

3 Likes

Way better than the rap it typically gets!

6 Likes

I feel like it has to sit in the shadow of its predecessor and Chrono Trigger had a lot going for it that Chrono Cross would have to match to be on that same level. And I love that instead of remaking that experience it very much did its own thing with its own concepts.

The former game is better, with a story that makes more sense (if I recall, itā€™s been ages since Iā€™ve played either), but CC deserves so much more love than it gets. It also has one of the best soundtracks in gaming with several of its songs being ones I return to, like this and this and this.

5 Likes

It was very refreshing for a sequel to chart its own course, instead of riding the coattails of its predecessor. To me, it felt like Cross had some of Triggerā€™s connective tissue and used it to expand from a story about a linear timeline to what it explored. But, sure, squeezing more juice from the Trigger fruit would have been exciting and thatā€™s probably what most folks want.

Both soundtracks are amazing.

5 Likes

The Long Dark on PC. Been playing it since beta testing days (you could run and run and never be tired). I have over 1000 hours logged. I only ever play pilgrim survival mode because I love pensive exploration. Getting to the trapperā€™s cabin in Mystery Lake feels like coming home. I know itā€™ll be a good run when I get the Peter Heller quote: ā€œHe is at home with his solitude as the note reverberating inside a bell.ā€

3 Likes

My wife and I are actually wrapping up the final day of the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show. There have been over 100 tables and several arcade games. Right now weā€™re playing Tales of the Arabian Nights

4 Likes