What is the best MST3k skit of all time?

From the D&D game to Supercalifragilisticexpiali-wacky and the new Neighbors from Deep 12, The Sword and the Dragon has the finest run of consecutive host segments. That first seven minutes is perfection.

5 Likes

Especially when Bridget and Mary Jo play the Mads new neighbors named Bridget and Mary Jo. I especially liked the Odd Couple-esque chemistry between the two pairs with the wrapped comic book as well as Frank’s “Babylon 5 was on last night.” followed by Bridget clearly being puzzled and replying, “Iiiiiitttt was!”
The end with the ladies getting out of dodge was hilarious as well!

3 Likes

The theme songs from the intro to Violent Years, the Klack ad from First Spaceship on Venus, Joel being diabolical from Kid Brother, or the outdoors SoL from Prince of Space, they’re all tied.

3 Likes

“When you’re out of slits, you’re out of pier.” This one is so … highbrow/absurd, I love it. And it’s in black-and-white!

I think the new seasons (11+) are great riffing-wise, and true to the show’s ethos, but the sketches are lackluster. The original run has the vibe of a bunch of kids playing with a video camera in a friend’s basement, just doing whatever comes to mind, very stream-of-consciousness. Whereas the new incarnation feels more self-aware. Like, “Now it’s time for a sketch, so writers: go write a funny sketch.”

“Every Country Has Its Monster” is a great technical achievement (one continuous take!) and flawlessly executed, but somehow it registers for me as just “meh” compared to, say, “Where o’ Werewolf.”

2 Likes

the clowns got so psychopatic. That was terrifying.

agent for harm was VERY unfunny and offensive.

I would argue this is a contender for the best writing on a host segment:

4 Likes

Noh GIF by Praat mar Frysk

2 Likes

I would argue that the “Celebrity Roast of Sparks” is one of the best segments ever on the show.

2 Likes

Mostly because I remember it just this way…

4 Likes