What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

“Is that a real poncho? I mean, is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho?”

4 Likes
2 Likes

Feels like Judge Judy would be the only appropriate arbitrator for this dispute

Apparently FI are working on new stuff. So plenty of further opportunities for self-plagiarisation in the near future.

1 Like

They name-checked these guys in the new Giant Gila Monster opener, so now I’ll be thinking about this all night. No harm in that, though. It’s a fine song:

“Run and get your quarters in…”

I really don’t go for songs that are only discordant and evenly loud throughout. But this type, where they leave pretty little pauses and bright chords here and there, like a trail of delicious sourballs to lure you in… These, I can’t get enough of.

(On the Jazz end, a Seventies gem like Joanne Brackeen’s Special Identity works on me the same way. <3)

1 Like

This Coors Light jingle from 20 years ago:

1 Like

Just watched this on Starz.

2 Likes

Once upon a time, I thought, between Kenan and Kel, I thought Kel was going to be the breakout star. Boy, was I ever wrong.

1 Like

He was the bomb in Mystery Men, yo!

2 Likes

This might be the most 80s commercial I have ever seen.

2 Likes

Love ATDI. One of my favorites.

2 Likes

I do not remember the Duster being sold in the 80s, I thought it was only out in the 70s. Looking it up is not helping much, I guess it was a variant of the Charger? But anyway, hilarious to watch them singing and dancing around a butt ugly car…

2 Likes

Nuff said.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I call it the feel bad hit of the pandemic. It is probably my favorite song of the last few years. While the melody stick in your head, the lyrics may dig in far deeper…

4 Likes

Because somebody mentioned the “Jim Begg” riff in another thread, I’m now thinking of this. Its chorus sounds vaguely like that, but of course it’s not that.

R.I.P. Johnny Clegg. :cry:

3 Likes

For some strange reason, this:

I haven’t heard this song in ages, and the video doesn’t really fit the song in the slightest. But it’s currently running through my head, so… here you go.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Yesterday I was screwing around trying to re-relearn the Purdie shuffle in Steely Dan’s Home at Last, and when I woke up I had Fool in the Rain stuck in my head, and I realized that they’re the same shuffle, except for all the Bonham.

5 Likes

You’ve probably seen it, but Drumeo has a great Bernard Purdie thing on YouTube.

1 Like