What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

I did too, so you’re not alone.

2 Likes

Since the compilation album Idlewild was temporarily made free to download yesterday, this They Might Be Giants song got stuck in my head.

2 Likes

And now for something completely different:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Whenever I’m required to go to London for work I never fail to mutter under my breath ‘Exit this Roman shell’ when my train pulls out of Kings Cross at the end of my trip.

2 Likes

Londinium… I do envy all of that glorious antiquity.

2 Likes

Yesterday I watched a mudlarking video on YouTube (mudlarks are people who search the banks of the Thames for antiquities) and the lady pulled a perfectly intact mini-amphora and Samian-ware plate out of a mud bank. The plate had a 1st-century maker’s mark and you could have rinsed it off and sold it like new in a shop in Old Londinium.

I sure do envy living surrounded by that kind of antiquity.

5 Likes

I heard this at Jersey Mike’s yesterday, and it’s been in my head ever since.

7 Likes

Sorry not sorry.

No, I don’t know why this is stuck in there, but dammit, it’s like clockwork, every few…motherloving weeks, it just gets in there.

Trepanning is probably a good folk remedy for this kind of thing, right? Yeah. I’ll get back to you all on that. Or not! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

What comedy bit do I have stuck in my head right now?

3 Likes

:star_struck: Every time I hear it is like the first time I heard it. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

As an (almost) lifetime Florida resident, I can assure you the Miami story is true.

2 Likes
2 Likes

For some reason:

2 Likes

My yard has produced a 1970s Squirt bottle, a couple of serving spoons, several marbles, and a miniature metal jet plane! :trophy:

Unconnected, but I’ve loved this song since college, even if it’s now forever, uh… linked in my head to murdering amphibious Frankfurter Crowns. Whadaya’ gonna’ do? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Ali Ryerson’s beautiful Bach pastiche “Praeludium II” :us: :brazil:

Bummed that it’s nowhere to be found on Le Tube. But-- all is not lost!

2 Likes

Gah! And I had to go get this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve been playing on the Switch.

What is that, is it one of Hyperkin’s handhelds?

2 Likes