What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

9 Likes

I’m the illest from here to Gardena.
What Do You Want Mca GIF by Beastie Boys

1 Like

To those of you who have never heard this song before – congratulations, you’ve led a charmed life up till now. So think twice before you click that “play” button, for once this song enters your mind, it will bury itself there and lie dormant for weeks, months, even years at a time and then out of nowhere, with no desire or intent on your part, you will find yourself humming it.

And yes, kids, that hairstyle was considered attractive back in those days. Yes, the clothes too.

2 Likes

I’ll never be able to escape “Drift Away” by Dobie Gray. I’ve probably heard that song more than any other song in my life, and each time has been involuntary.

Even absent the overexposure factor, it’s not a particularly good song. It wasn’t a big hit when it was current. So why do oldies radio stations and piped-music services play it over and over and over and over…?

1 Like

Hey, he stole my guitar!

And my haircut!!

Okay, I never had that haircut, but I do own that guitar.

I’ve had Ray Charles’s performance of Hank Snow’s “Moving On” stuck in my head for many hours!

Haven’t heard it in ages, but I somehow remember it in great detail.

Meh, could be worse!

/* Oh, I forgot to mention that all day I’ve had Robbie Robertson’s voice from The Last Waltz saying “Happy Thanksgiving!” (or was it Rick Danko?).

Not a song, but still an earworm! Not as good as Ray Charles! */

3 Likes

It’s really lodged in there, I find myself singing it as I’m driving down the road, only I’m changing Hercules to Turkules.

2 Likes

Sam Smith is so freaking catchy. Can’t wait for their new album on January 27th!

3 Likes

So, this got stuck in my head today for no damn good reason.

Of course, I then had to share with you all here.

You go, Bart Fargo.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I was thinking about Riverside’s upcoming album this morning, which led to this song coming into my head.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Found this guy is Australia, and constantly find myself with his songs in my head:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Woke up humming this for some reason

6 Likes

Even though it’s not Monday.

5 Likes
4 Likes

This one, again

Okay, so I started watching cute pet videos on YouTube, and they all seem to have this song as their anthem, so now it’s stuck in my head:

1 Like

Me again !

3 Likes