What's Going On at Work?

Finally settling into the new paperless system, getting a groove on, establishing a system, thinking, “okay, this is gonna work”…

Only to have my boss say something you NEVER want to hear your boss say…“I’ve been digging into this and learning it…and I’ve got some big ideas for more changes. Stay tuned.”

Season 4 No GIF

2 Likes

Boss man needs to be locked away in a closet before he causes a clusterf*** :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I think of an old friend/co-worker who, when we would note the higher-ups holding meetings, would shake his head and note 'they’re doing things."

3 Likes

After lunch today, the postmaster claims she had a brilliant idea… To rearrange the city and rural carriers cases to supposedly open up more space on the work room floor. Even both city and rural supervisors were not onboard with her ideas at all!
Then I read this article here: PMG DeJoy makes USPS workspaces a priority
I’m sure if OSHA paid a visit to our post office they would find all sorts of stuff so I guess she thinks that freeing up space in our ‘dungeon’ will somehow make things better?! How about we stop promoting idiots into management!! And practice the moto, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!’ :roll_eyes:
Looks like we’re going to start this rearrangement as early as tomorrow or Saturday…

1 Like

So the rearrangement of our workroom floor was started yesterday, changing out containers for the small packages once sorted for the routes and then today we started rearranging the city carrier cases which is complete for the most part except for the cords for the case lights don’t reach the outlets now so the city carriers are going to be complaining about that. Unfortunately that will have to be a work order for a licensed electrician to come in and rewire them all.
Then we started on the rural carriers cases but only got maybe 1/3 of the way rearranging them before we ran out of time and I wasn’t staying over to move around more!
The city carriers griped some but were content that it’s happening and went on about their day… The rural carriers on the other hand are a bunch of adult babies; whining and crying and griping and complaining incessantly like the friggin world was coming to an end! Don’t yell at us, we were ordered to do this by the damn postmaster so go bellyache to her! Again, it’s happening so GTF over it!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Trying to make progress rearranging the work room floor but Miss Micromanager postmaster is not around and when she does show up, she continues to make changes to the layout! 3 days I’ve been working on this and it feels like we’ve made little progress because of her continuous changes! She obviously doesn’t have a clue when we tell her what it will look like before the carrier cases are moved around but she still thinks they will fit just fine in her mind… aaand of course they don’t once they’re moved! I’m off tomorrow (Wednesdays which I need to rest my back anyway) so Thursday I will have to move the city carrier’s cases once again to accommodate her latest changes in the arrangement!
We’re trying to get both the city and rural carriers cases moved out along the walls of the facility to open up the central part of the work room floor to accommodate large cages that will hold almost all the parcels that come in on a daily basis. They will only increase in numbers as we get closer to Christmas so we have to get these cases moved first if the dumb@$$ postmaster would get out of the way so we can complete this part of the project! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Have you tried showing her this?

RiffTrax: Setting Up A Room (Full FREE Short)

3 Likes

:joy: :rofl: I really should!!

2 Likes

Fire Trash GIF

3 Likes

Got to work today to discover that power was out for the whole building. And the stairways have no emergency lights, so I couldn’t get up to my office to get my computer to work from home.

Still waiting for the call to come back in, but if the power company finds there are no emergency lights I assume they might shut the place down until that’s fixed.

1 Like

Are these 2 posts related? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Hah, pretty much.

Email today announcing a new part-time person coming onto our team on September 14th to “assist.” No further info on what that means. Direct quote from boss’s email: " I will also be reviewing and tweaking… I have my plan to implement…" No info on that either.

And IT got mad at me for pointing out a problem with the uploading system.

Burn baby burn and bring some marshmallows!

3 Likes

And for a 4th Time the dippy@$$ postmaster wanted the city carrier cases moved once more! This time we removed a clerk computer station and relocated about 3 cases in its place and shuffled the rest down the wall 3 spaces.
Then it was on to the rural cases which we managed to get them relocated along the walls like she wanted. Only issues remaining: running power to the cases properly, moving the city supervisor’s desk and filing cabinets, getting an ethernet cable relocated to the supervisors desk and the relocated clerk computer station on the other side of the building, removing 1 working mail case (currently have 3 and downsizing to 2), and some other BS which should all be completed tomorrow (Friday),
I’ve decided to leave 1 hour early on Saturday and I’m off work till Thursday next week to extend my Labor Day weekend because I deserve it Dammit! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

4 Likes

The reorganization of the workroom floor of our post office is almost complete. Worked on setting up the new parcel distribution setup and relocated some of the clerk mail sorting stations that should be finished tomorrow.
Then Miss Dip@$$ postmaster comes out to inspect the area and says “hey bring that old floor scrubber in hear to clean the floors with!” I flat out said, That thing is some 30 years old and makes more of a mess on the floor that it cleans up! In other words I wasn’t going to use that old PoS after all the moving around I’ve done all week and my back is killing me!!

She needs to be more concerned about her clerks that called out today before the Labor Day weekend and left our post office severely under staffed instead of trying to give me more work to do :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Welp, the moving around may finally be over. I tried to leave early at 12 but it just didn’t happen. The d@mn postmaster made a surprise visit for an hour or so with some more idiotic ideas including relocating the magazine/catalog sorting stations and removing not 1 but 2 working mail stations. The 2 senior clerks are on vacation this week and she decided now was the time to downsize the working letter cases. When they return from vacation, they’re gonna go ballistic!
There’s still the problem of the large Amazon packages that continue to pile up… We need a total of 42 5’x5’ cages for sorting large parcels and most of the ones we have on hand are full of large Amazon returns that still have not been picked up yet so what does miss brainiac come up with?? Removing all the heavy @$$ returns out of the cages, stack them on pallets, and then store them outside on the dock by the road where they are in clear view of passing traffic! Ok so she wants to invite thieves to come onto postal property and steal them now?? That’s her friggin solution?! :person_facepalming: Then she had the nerve to tell us before she left that she was going to the beach :rage:
As I already mentioned, I’m off for the next 4 days so we’ll just have to enact that brain-dead idea when I return.

2 Likes

First Sunday at work in almost a year. I would normally be okay with it since it starts two hours later than usual and I have Labor Day and the following day off but it’s gonna be at peak triple temps when I end my shift and I work mostly in the less cooler stock room.

Needless to say, I’m gonna get a big liter of water at CVS in the same block minutes before I go…and a cold michelada brew after.

Hunger Games Student GIF

2 Likes

Here’s a good one. I’ve been trying to “train” my crew (part of my job is to train new hires, but in my own twisted brain [or “brain”], I take it upon myself to “correct” [cf. Joe Turkel in The Shining various defectives).

So, I’m busting my $@% hauling freight out while a few loser, lazy, slow morons are fooling around with empty carts.

As per protocol, I’m moving a very heavy cart out bay door one, and yell out “FULL CART” while this thing is messing around bringing in an empty U-boat.

“FULL CART!”

SLAM.

Yeah, I hit the empty cart. Partly on purpose. /* Actually, mostly on purpose, pour encourager les autres */ I could have risked injury by twisting my knees around to avoid that scumbag, GirlMax, but, no, I’m not injuring myself to accomodate some dulllard.

So what? I’m right, and that entity deserved to be reminded of what one happens to ^%%h*le pieces of Foreign Object Debris.

Did these people diddle themselves in High School Physics instead of paying attention? It’s not difficult, the concept of dot products, and vector and scalar quantities. I’d just as soon have them disposed of. If they’re in my way, they’re wrong.

They’ll learn to get the hell out of my way when they see me coming doing actual work. Matter of fact, they should stay out of my way no matter what thing I’m actually accomplishing.

QED.

1 Like

Today we have a party in the office, of which I haven’t visited since 2020. It promises to be fun but I dunno I’d rather have a drink over Microsoft Teams :rofl:

2 Likes

Returned to work and the large and small package distribution areas are all set up. I had to fine tune the city carrier cases to eliminate the overcrowding they had from last week’s move.
The postmaster continues to say that if we put the Amazon returns from our cages to pallets that Amazon will supposedly come and pick them up but I’m not convinced that will actually happen. These returns are overweight and they’re not my responsibility BUT if one of the clerks will help out lifting this sh!t then I won’t mind but I won’t do it by myself :triumph:

2 Likes