What's Going On at Work?

At 1pm (30 minutes before I’m supposed to leave for the day) the supervisors decided to change up the ‘vehicle key locker’ location and instead wanted it moved and mounted onto our main scanner room wall…
I got it done with 5 minutes to spare but I do Not like last minute projects, let alone double work! :angry:

Oh, and a customer came from Charlotte to our post office mailing a package to North Dakota and it wreaked of Marijuana :woozy_face:
The supervisor contacted the postal inspector and they said to put it in another box and send it to Atlanta where it will be investigated

2 Likes

I Knew It! It was just a matter of time before postmaster Hagatha would start nitpicking things when she returned from her knee surgery …
There’s some duct tape residue that’s literally baked on the front lobby windows she wanted removed. I tried multiple times but it’s not coming off and I’m done trying!
Then she tries starting drama between the my coworker and the senior redneck custodian about her plants not being watered while she was out. He tries sucking up to her while my coworker lights into him about him not doing his job here because he’s off screwing around doing projects for the acting postmaster’s office in another town!
Gees i wish she was gone already :rage:

10am update: Had a ‘pleasant’ conversation with the postmaster about the crystallized glue residue on the front windows and she wants me to contact anybody i know in maintenance at other post offices to see if they have anything that would get that stuff off like it’s some kind of an emergency :roll_eyes: Yeah I’ll get right on that… (exits stage left)
Now the rumor mill says she’s going back out for surgery on her other knee sometime the end of this month (March), and she actually Is building a house in northeast SC not far from the coast. Construction should be completed sometime in July and Then she’s supposed to retire sometime after that.
So… 4 maybe 5 more months? I can make it :pray:

1 Like

It’s becoming clear to me that our Operations Manager (twenty years enlisted in USAF, retired as Master Sergeant, is kind of a numb…nellie? Numbcashew? Something like that.

For someone who just said not two days ago, “I don’t know devices, I work on the big picture!” he sure did give some snide side-eye to one of our Process Assistants, with a curt word and look that deciphers into “Go outside and stare at the drivers to make sure they’re doing stuff good!”

As though we weren’t.

That guy’s a tool. “Mister Big Picture” is now his nickname…currently just for my own amusement, but maybe it’ll stick among my cadre.

I bet he’s jealous that the other Ops Manager working OTR retired as Senior Master Sergeant from the USAF.

1 Like

So another apathetic Amazon delivery driver dropped off a giant box of small parcels early this morning that was meant for another post office in a neighboring town. Proper procedure is for each parcel to be manually scanned ‘Missent’ and then shipped to the Charlotte DC to be scanned and sent on to the correct post office. There’s a total of 478 small packages (we charge around $10 per parcel to process) in this box that need to be scanned and no clerk is in any hurry to scan them. If they are not manually scanned missent, the box will be processed like parcels already paid for by Amazon and we’ll lose all that money!

1 Like

Wow. This really feels like a situation where a nod and a wink and a “Hey Bob, you wanna go pick up lunch in Neighboring Town? Here, might as well take this with you” would be the right solution

1 Like

When setting up my playlist for work today (Fridays require prepping a playlist as I focus on live albums instead of just putting the iPod on shuffle), I meant to include Megadeth’s Rust In Peace Live but accidentally included Countdown To Extinction Live instead. Still a good show, but when you’re thinking you’re going to get a different album playthrough than you actually get, it is a bit jarring.

This is not a gripe, so it isn’t in the gripe thread, but it is my work listening so it is on topic here.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have minded taking them over there but this box stood over 6ft in height and was loaded almost to the top so it would only fit inside a rig or a box truck (which I am not licensed to drive)

2 Likes

Monday Morning bank run to get $5s, $1s, and rolls of quarters dimes nickels and pennies. 3 tellers working and none of them have any change… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Another mail truck breakdown. Had to bring a city carrier back with all their mail and packages. Many of these mail trucks are pushing 40 years old and are being held together with ‘band aids’ (with parts scavenged off other vehicles and so forth)

1 Like

SHHHHHH DON’T SAY “BANK RUN”

1 Like

Well, I completely (relatively) lost my shtuff at some idiot driver who had the gall to ask me in the weakest way possible: “I’m at G-15, if maybe somebody could help me get the last two carts.”

(i) Don’t ever ask. Quick way to ensure you get your stuff last and have to be rescued by your dispatch team.

(2) When I decide to say, “Yeah, why not” to myself, and ask this ween “Where are you parked,” you’d better have a parking spot number, since apparently deictic indications like “straight ahead over there” are meaningless to you.

(3) When I drag your raggedy cart out to you, and after five minutes of searching “for right straight ahead,” and I find out you lied, you’re darned cat right I’m going to tell you off. Entitled bunch of “people” who should not, by rights, have been seen until next Tuesday, at the earliest.

(4) Also, other things. (i) Don’t ever speak to me, drivers, unless it’s amusing (ii) Don’t ever pull that kind of soggy excuse on me again (iii) Don’t be the last one getting your first cart out (iv) Remember your darned parking spot number…it’s painted on the asphalt, you bunch of gits, as I remind you every chance I get.

1 Like

While I was on lunch, the illustrious postmaster was paging me multiple times to come into her office. Apparently another district building inspector came through yesterday afternoon and tore through the place writing up all sorts of deficiencies: tape residue on windows and counters, expired signage, areas need painting and pressure washing, yard maintenance, stained ceiling tiles, bad light ballasts, paving the rest of the parking lot, and a bunch of other BS to ensure his job security :roll_eyes: even though another building inspector came through last month and was aware of with multiple work orders submitted yet this buffoon comes in and dings us anyway bringing our original score of 79 out of 99 down to a 26 and now we have 30 days to fix all deficiencies or have pending work orders for issues that cannot be completed in-house!
So, the next few weeks are going to be miserable :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Today’s shaping up to be another ticky-tack day where I have to flit from thing to thing instead of settling in and grinding through volume. Just like every other day this week. Woof.

But this too shall pass. Like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

2 Likes

On top of my right hand injury, I’m sick now. Double…

press your luck whammy GIF by ABC Network

Just noticed my physical therapist office called while I napped today so I’ll call them back tomorrow morning to make an appointment.

1 Like

Day 2 of 3 Conducting a detailed organization of the clerk stations…
So apparently all the clerk stations have to have a similar layout: Keyboard, scale, monitor, scanner, printer, and label printer. The cash drawer sits on top of the RSS (Retail Sales & Services) computer. Not to mention straightening up the cobweb of dusty cables :sneezing_face:
Each station has been averaging around 2 hours to complete and the postmaster has to be nosey about miniscule details that are truly unimportant but not to her :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Coworker comes in this morning spazzing out about upcoming projects for next week. She wants to get a head start on them today because I’m off Tuesday for a Dr appointment and my regular day off is Wednesday, plus she’s off on Friday for an appointment.
Once again these projects ARE NOT A BIG DEAL!! They will get done whenever we get to them.

Then her husband starts blowing up her phone wondering if she wants something from Starbucks… yes let’s come to a screeching halt working on today’s projects for a breakfast order for him to drop off to her :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hmmm…over an afternoon of drinking some Paddy’s whiskey I fired off a coherent, but blunt e-mail to my Mgr, our OpsMgr, and HR laying it on the line why I must advance within the company, or be told that I’m wasting my time stagnating.

Not the smartest e-mail I’ve ever sent, but I do know these people personally. The tone was polite but aggressive.

Oh well. They know I’m out for blood now and am committed like some kind of rabid animal with a modicum of ability and strengths.

A mistake. But I can fix it.

1 Like

Takes notes for next interaction with my ‘illustrious’ postmaster :beer: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :wine_glass: :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :champagne: :grin:

1 Like

More like bosses I can’t stand…
Imgur

1 Like

The redneck senior custodian was given the task of cleaning the large windows out front of our post office. He worked on them 30 maybe 45 minutes then gave up saying the windows were too hot from the sun… It’s 37 degrees outside!! I mean wtf :person_shrugging:
I know what it is, the postmaster isn’t here so he would rather do the job when she is here to make it look like he’s actually working. He’s a brown-noser to management anyway :roll_eyes:

1 Like