What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Menards!

EDIT: Ahh @optiMSTie beat me to it! (probably because he has all the special codes memorised. LOL!)

4 Likes

Heh, great minds and all that! :smiley:

3 Likes

I actually like that the batteries give me breaks while mowing, otherwise on days like today I would probably go into heat stroke because I wouldn’t stop. When I have to come in to grab a new battery I force myself to take a 5 minute break and drink some water. I have 5 batteries and it usually takes 3 to mow my lawn.

6 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of my favorite food-related gra-- er, gripe. I love pink grapefruit. It’s my favorite fruit in the whole world. But I can’t have it anymore because of the damn meds. :angry: It should not even be legal to market any med which robs me of my favorite not-baked-good-treat ever. :sob:

4 Likes

Just ask yourself which you like more - grapefruit or being alive and healthy.

2 Likes

I ask myself that every day and I’m still not getting a definitive answer.

“I consider this test biased against ME.” – Pearl Forrester

6 Likes

I have a Ryobi ride-on for the main lawn, but that was an upgrade from a Ryobi push mower (with 2 batteries because we had the same issue with charging). The local Home Depot has a corded one in stock, FYI.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’d have to drive all the way to Rapids.

I used the comfort of my couch and the magic of Amazon. New mower should be here Thursday.

In related news, I discovered that the one that broke today was 15 years old.

2 Likes

I love grapefruit juice too, but I take a statin so I can’t have it.

I’ve actually googled how much grapefruit juice statin-takers can drink before our lives are actually in danger. The answers were worryingly unspecific.

4 Likes

I have spent the last week spending what little time and money I have to get my disabled daughter out of an extended stay hotel in TX to an extended stay in Colorado. You read between the lines.

5 Likes

That’s impressive, my first Ryobi battery powered one only lasted 3 years (or about 150 hours). Current one is half way through it’s 3rd year and it’s not having the electronics problems the first one did, but the wheels are getting very wobbly. 2 of my oldest batteries no longer take a full charge, so I may do what I did last time, buy another mower just to get another battery. At least last time I knew the mower needed replacement very soon. One new battery is $200, a charger is about $40, A new mower, battery, and charger cost $300. I also use the same batteries in my string trimmer and leaf blower, and use them as emergency power when the power goes out.

2 Likes

Today’s the 4th anniversary married to my second wife and it’s been a pretty good relationship so far but sometimes little things (or to me they’re little things) she will amplify into something much bigger that it really should be…
For example, my coworker who’s also my late wife’s cousin needed someone to take his family to the Charlotte airport this morning as they’re going to Mexico for 2 weeks and he asked me a few months back if I could take him and his family and I said sure that it wouldn’t be a problem but to my new wife, it apparently is a problem…
I don’t keep in contact with my late wife’s family anymore except the goddaughter once in a while, and again, her cousin because I work with him. I don’t see the problem here, especially since he’s paying me $40 to shuttle his family of 6 with all their suit cases crammed into my Sienna minivan at 3:30am and she’s still asleep and I’m back home my 5:30am. I dunno, I guess she thinks I should not communicate with any of them but I’m just not that ‘cold’ :confused:
I feel like I’m walking on egg shells trying to smooth this over and still she’ll get a card, chocolates, and a dozen roses when she wakes up but it still may not be enough for her to get over it… :worried:

7 Likes

What a terrible thing to have to end up doing but I absolutely understand.

3 Likes

Yikes. I have little tolerance for anyone who would tell you to pretend your late wife and her family didn’t exist. I know it’s common but it’s so unfair. You doing this for your cousin-in-law isn’t a “little” thing it’s a nice thing that a kind person does; who wouldn’t want that in a spouse?

Sorry I really don’t mean to slag on your wife but this sort of thing is SO unfair to you. Hopefully this sort of thing isn’t significant compared to her other good qualities. But yikes.

3 Likes

My gripe today is Joel v. Mike threads. Let it die, People. :roll_eyes: (Or at least expand it to include every host so no one feels left out of the fisticuffs.)

10 Likes

I think the roses, chocolates, and card worked. She’s in a better mood since receiving them this morning and she’s planning on cooking some crab legs & lobster tails for our traditional anniversary dinner so that tells me she’s over it…
Well, until the next time my coworker needs a lift to the airport for their next trip to Mexico :confused:

4 Likes

BEST lawnmower model on the market today, and ever: GOATS! 24 Curious goat kids! - YouTube

2 Likes

Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to start your own micro-cheesery! :cheese:

5 Likes

We actually rented goats a couple times from a farmer friend of ours to help clear out the back lot. They made quick work of the buckthorn and other weeds back there. We had 7 goats back there for about 4 days in 2017, and 10 goats* for 2 days in 2018. Haven’t needed them back since. (Yet?)

*Our friend didn’t want to bring 10 goats, but they all went in the trailer together, and when he tried to get some out of the trailer, they all left it. When they all went back in, he just said that’s obviously how many he was meant to bring.

6 Likes

…So it’s not a joke thread? Aw, man. Dismiss

5 Likes