What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Drove through Weed once when I moved to Seattle back in the early oughts. Being in Weed was great, but passing out Weed was way better. :innocent::rofl:

3 Likes

Lets all just hope for all the people in Weed that no wild fires smoke Weed. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Yeah that would be a darn travesty if you wanna know the truth… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Your daughter sounds kick-ass. I had a mohawk in college. That is also kick-ass and I highly recommend trying it.

3 Likes

This mohawk discussion is funny because, while we were shopping the other day, there was a guy who had a mohawk walking through the store. My niece just stared at him with her mouth open. She’d never seen a mohawk before. It was funny, but we had to shush her before she said something… tactless, as kids are wont to do.

2 Likes

All depends on your definition of cute I guess. I do know what you mean. I’m fine wearing big ugly clodhoppers, but not everybody is.

I got married wearing Converse All Stars, so I’m not the girliest girl in girltown when it comes to footwear.

3 Likes

My mom let me keep mine in the living room. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been to a couple of Halloween parties as Flava Dave. Super easy costume.

2 Likes

I keep mine in the library! Which is kind of ironic. But it’s an electric kit, so I use headphones with it anyway.

2 Likes

Just unloaded my drums, they’re in a pile with a cat on them. But they live in the basement, which is also where the big loud stereo system lives. I hate drumming with headphones on.

Oh yeah gripe: Gen Z or whatever they’re called seem to really hate loud music from speakers, but they don’t seem to care about it through headphones - I can hear that tinny stuff leaking out of their earpodules from another room. This is just my experience, it’s likely inaccurate, but I’ll gripe about it anyway. Kids these days and their whisper quiet hippity hop.

5 Likes

Sorry sonny, you’re gonna have to speak up. Back in MY day… :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m 41 now and up until a few months ago had a Tank Girl haircut. Now I’m working on growing it out for this style instead:

Incidentally, if you like animation and great fight scenes, check out Arcane. It’s a MASTERPIECE.

4 Likes

Stick with Jamie Hewlett and go for a Noodle cut:

2 Likes

Nah, this much hair is already too much and I’ll probably go back to the Tank Girl cut in a couple years. The goal is to have put together some super hot cosplays (Spider Gwen too baybeeee) when it’s safe to go to cons again and get myself three weed smoking girlfriends.

4 Likes

Nice! That’s similar to my own (except the color). It’s super convenient because all I have to do is tie the bangs off, and shave the rest with clippers using a #5 guard. Saves me like $27 over going to Great Clips!

Now I need a gripe so I’ll go with: a couple of nights ago the dog fell asleep under the coffee table and my husband managed to startle him, so he tried to sit up but his head hit the underside of the table and he freaked out and… kind of wrestled his way out from under the coffee table? He won, meaning the table ended up upside down with only three legs.

It’s the third time he’s broken a leg off my coffee table and I’m pretty sure it’s been a different leg every time. I’m just waiting for him to complete the set.

3 Likes

Same coffee table? It’s some kind of weird doggie curse, obvs.

2 Likes

Yep, same table. I’m actually glad the legs are kind of breakaway (they’re these spindly wood mid-century type things) because I hand-made the top and I would actually be upset if he broke that. When he breaks a leg off, we just glue it back on again.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the table that’s cursed… Curses are somehow involved though, I can FEEL it.

1 Like

My kids would not agree that it holds up well. They thought (and I kinda agreed) that Tia Carrere would’ve been better off with Rob Lowe, and Ed O’Neill was the best part of the movie.

Also, HD doesn’t do Meyers or Carvey any favors playing teens. As I think I mentioned elsewhere, HD doesn’t do anyone any favors. Except Salma Hayek, who somehow looks better in HD.

4 Likes

Nobody would be better off with Rob Lowe.

Tia Carrere would clearly have been better off with me.

(Flashback sound effect: doodoodoo, doodoodoo, doodoodoo…)

5 Likes