What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Woke up with a cough this morning, and I don’t have any Covid tests.

It’s not a constant racking cough, and it could be just dry air from the constant air conditioning, or allergies. But I don’t like it.

3 Likes

People who use the “word”… “Learnings”. It’s like an ice pick in my eye. Shudder.

5 Likes

Yesterday, I showed my daughter the 90s X-Men cartoon, aka ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS EVER, and she keeps calling Beast ‘The Blue Meanie.’ I’m so offended.

EDIT: Although she did have a point when she asked why Jubilee’s powers sucked.

4 Likes

That’s not a type of tea?

not a baseball fan?

3 Likes

She’s talking about Yellow Submarine.

And THIS GUY…

is NOT this guy!

2 Likes

I would like to complain about the fact that I still haven’t completely figured out how to correctly use all the options available in writing a post. I don’t suppose there’s some kind of FAQ by any chance?

2 Likes

Wait, there’s a weird internet conspiracy there somewhere. I just know it. :rofl:

3 Likes

I have no idea who you’re talking about or how this could be construed as politics? But I guess heartened that it’s not just me. Flag-sibs!

ETA: Is this some type of perverse game of “caputre the flag”?

4 Likes

I think there’s a conspiracy to silence the rebels :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Did you do the @discobot challenge?

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Help with all the flagging going on as of late :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Oh don’t say Prune :joy:

2 Likes

I am embarrassed to admit I have no idea how to make that work.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

WTH?

Coming back from work, some idiot crossed the center line on a blind corner and damned near hit my cherry new ride, were it not for my lightning reflexes. What a dickweed.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!!!

So I pop into the grocery to pick up something to eat today. Baguette, salami, and some Swiss cheese.

People turning corners without looking where they’re going?

Some “lady” as I’m leaving meanders straight into my path, which was kept to the right to ensure plenty of room for all.

But I had my sweet revenge, the “stare of death” held for way long enough to make sure they felt my annoyance at their idiotic incompetence at walking and existing.

4 Likes

Not a gripe but a new Amazon driver made use of my new Package Drop Off :confetti_ball: :tada:

3 Likes

Yeah. Even if I named names, they wouldn’t mean anything to anyone here. Because I was clearly talking about a different site.

1 Like

Have you completed all the @discobot tutorials? :thinking:

2 Likes

Just found out how thanks to @TheBindingPolymer. Cheers! :beers:

2 Likes
Summary

Making a comment on the recent unrest. Do not read.

Seriously if your as over it as I am, Move on.

Last chance.

So in light of recent events I would like to just add my 2 cents to the cacophony of political turmoil. I freely and completely admit that I have absolutely no idea what the answers to any of today’s political issues are. Not a dog dang flipping clue. But there is one thing that I am a 100% certain of, and the answer is not being complete and utter tossers to each other. Take it from somebody who is proudly a complete and utter tosser. Nobody has ever convinced anybody else that they are right by screaming profanities and insults at each other. Again, trust me I’ve tried. If that worked, the world would recognize Kung Pow for the brilliant movie it is. So what do I do? I ignore the static. Who really, and I do mean honestly, lives by the exact syllable of what the representatives in DC say? Heck, in your state say? In your county? City? Yeah, didn’t think so. You know what matters? What you do. Period. What do I do? I try to live as reasonably morally as I can. I’d rattle off what I don’t do here, but would probably get flagged. What I do however is live my life, and pay attention to that. Honestly I don’t know how anyone else has time to do otherwise. But let’s say that’s not enough for you. Here’s what I suggest, you pay attention to your life and try to make it better, and when the person who lives next door on either side of you needs assistance, you provide it for that extra bump of self satisfaction. That’s it. That’s all. Let the politicians make all the decrees they like. Be you, and let your neighbors be themselves. And if that’s not enough, then help the people geographically closest to you. Honestly, I feel like if we all paid attention to our own lives instead of everybody else’s the world would be a better place. And that goes for everybody. Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to take this soap box I’m standing on and make a communal bonfire out of it. Thank you.

4 Likes