What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

It’s official. My mom will be filing for a divorce on June.

I’m sorry.

2 Likes

oh my god, four hours later and I only just now remembered I should have clarified it was the Youtube chat. I don’t know what’s going on in other chats, I am so sorry!

4 Likes

Oh, how awful and to find out today. I’m sorry to hear it :frowning:

2 Likes

While mulching leaves I injured my left hamstring. Same leg I hurt my knee falling up the stairs 2 weeks ago. So my left leg is just rubbish right now…

1 Like

AND my throat’s starting to hurt (no, it’s not the c-virus). Could this day get any worse?

2 Likes

Well three hours later I’m now back online to see this so we’re batting a thousand today!

Good to know. I’ll cancel the red alert. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My whole body hurts. Is it because I was headbanging last night, cuz I got laid flat in the mosh pit, or cuz I got my covid booster yesterday? D, all of the above.

3 Likes

There’s always trolls on YouTube… I just block each and every one of them when ever they leave a s#!%%y comment and never hear from them again.
Who ever handles that YouTube channel should do the same; go to the sus commenter’s YT channel, click on their ‘About’ tab, click on the flag icon and select ‘Block this channel’ and Done :sunglasses: then their comments are automatically deleted :+1:

1 Like

I’m sorry guys, but at this rate, I don’t think I have the strength to celebrate Turkey Day this year.

5 Likes

Who’d you see last night?

1 Like

It probably doesn’t help much, but my mom filed for divorce when I was a senior in high school, and that sucked but it didn’t suck forever. Now is hard, but it won’t always be. :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

It was actually a DJ act called Emo Night Brooklyn (though they played a bit of everything from emo pop to punk metal lol)

1 Like

Because my family’s struggling, this might be the last Christmas I’ll ever have as a 4 member family. Right now, I’m trying everything I can to help both my parents. But if things get worse by New Years Eve, then… it’ll be over.

3 Likes

This is really sweet of you, but know that it is NOT your job to help them through this, it’s their job to help you. I don’t want to discourage you from being kind to your parents, just that you don’t burden yourself even more.

Whatever form your family takes in the future they will still be your family.

9 Likes

I took in a little kitty my coworker found in her barn. The kitten is very sweet and loves being around people, so she didn’t belong with the rest of the barn cats. She seems to be in otherwise good health but something’s up cuz for three weeks now she’s had diarrhea and been having accidents all over my house. It’s very frustrating because I have a big old place with lots of little nooks and crannies she likes to hide in…and mess in. Tonight I turned into the seldom-trafficked back corner of my pantry and found the floor dotted with a dozen puddles where she’s pooped or puked over the last couple weeks. And it’s too late to clean all that up tonight, I’ll have to get in there with a scrub brush to clean the wood properly :disappointed: I don’t know if it’s worms or stress or her food or what, I’m just hoping I can figure it out soon.

5 Likes

I hope you are able to get her fixed up quick! You’ve probably considered this already, but you might want to keep her in a single room until you get it sorted, if possible. I used to foster kittens and if they had the runs they’d get to live in a bathroom, or in a pinch, a really big cardboard box.

For a while I had two pieces of 2’ x 4’ particle board hinged together that I could stick in one corner of a room to make a 4-foot-square kitten pen. Here’s a picture of momma cat Jasmine with her kittens Oolong, Pekoe, Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, and Chai, in a box in the kitten pen:

a white and brown/black tabby cat with five four-week-old kittens: one with the same colors as her, three white, and one black and white

This is Lapsang. He had the David Bowie eyes:
an all white kitten with one blue eye and one green eye

and this is Oolong. She was our favorite.
a black and white kitten sitting up on a blanket

9 Likes

What cuties, I love all the tea names :yum:

Yeah when I first brought her home she was confined to the bathroom for at least a week, but I eventually let her into the main parts of the house because she seemed like she wasn’t having any more accidents and her stool was improving. (And I don’t have other animals, so I wasn’t worried about her spreading anything.) Buuuuut she is back in the bathroom again for now :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Oooo… those are Catra eyes. (The catgirl character from She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.)

4 Likes

It’s OK to be kind, but you really need to hang a big ‘NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY’ sign on that. This is not your burden to carry.

You will grieve, you will be sad and then you will accept and recover. But this is not your fault or your responsibility to fix.

9 Likes