What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Wait. You called too often (what is it? Twice?) so we’re cancelling you?? Seriously??

1 Like

Okay who is your insurance company so I can NEVER use them?

1 Like

Three times in twelve months is now the limit.

1 Like

I should never have let Farmer’s Insurance talk me into giving up my old policy.

5 Likes

This product is ridiculous. It does exactly one thing, with no ability for adjustment: clamp onto a vertical pole. That’s it. It cannot clamp onto, for example, a table, or any surface that is not vertical.

And Sweetwater’s return policy sucks. And I don’t care for the little bag of gross candy they include in the box of every purchase.

(https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KM11520BK--k-and-m-115-2-sheet-music-holder)

5 Likes

How can you resist that catchy little song though? “We are Farmers. Bum bum bum bum bum bum bum.” It’s the fourth bum that really sells it.

3 Likes

From the small picture I was thinking you could just unscrew some of those connections and flip them to make it more useful, but:

For $50 they couldn’t spend the extra $1 or $2 and use screws instead of rivets? Hate when companies cheap out like that. I’m sure they are already making $45 on each one of these sold so it’s not like it would cut into their massive margin on the thing. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We went to a diner owned by a Bosnian family. They had mostly American food, but they had this dish called a cevapi, which was several beef sausages, a raw onion and sour cream on ciabatta bread. It wasn’t bad (a little too greasy for me), but my gripe is that it’s the next day and I’ve brushed my teeth and had a full cup of tea AND I CAN STILL TASTE THE ONION.

4 Likes

I usually go out shopping first thing on Saturday morning to avoid the crowds and save time (I have to go to 4 different stores), but there was a soccer match I really wanted to watch, so I pushed it to Sunday.

Only to find this morning at 7am that the rain-snow mix they said would start around noon instead started as full snow at about 5am. The roads are a mess and I’m getting an earful of “you’re not going out in this” with “you should’ve done this yesterday.” :neutral_face:

So now I have to wait until probably at least noon and spend several hours tangling with the weekend crowds. I am not pleased with this AT ALL.

Other than that, just peachy!

4 Likes

One more gripe- I spilled a cup of water on my night stand this morning and ruined a couple of books. At least I already read them.

5 Likes

I’m trying to watch an episode of one of my favorite shows. A special event, even. And not only are there people talking over the movie, there are more people talking over them.

5 Likes

Yes.

For twenty dollars more I could have bought a second PAIR of Gator Frameworks clamp on monitor stands, which are incredibly sturdy, versatile, and full of features. K&M is a brand known for pro quality accessories, but Gator is as well, and of the two products I own by each company, the latter’s product isn’t lame and isn’t the ultimate unitasker.

I could return that … music … “stand” but promo “free shipping” would be deducted from my refund, and I pay shipping back. And who knows how much that would be: significant percentage of the final sale cost, though.

BUT, since I’m stuck with this idiotic … “thing” … it does clamp onto a torchière-style lamp I have near the keyboards. I’d just have to put some bricks or sandbags or something on the base of the lamp.

In the scheme of things, I’ve wasted more money recently on crap liike cab rides, bottles of whiskey, so I suppose I should make the best of it.

While flagellating myself…“stupid, stupid! stupid!”

I could have bought a second music stand, but the reason I’m using this decent, but cheap, model for guitar in my office is that I can’t set up the tripod legs when stacking the Hammond-Suzuki on top of the digital piano to get the music close enough to my eyes…don’t want to have to wear eyeglasses to see a few feet away when at the keyboards sight-reading or making annotations or transcribing. That harshes my mellow!

I suppose I could buy a cheap microphone stand, with a sturdy boom extension, which would solve this problem as well as the one where I can never find a good angle to make phone/tablet recordings of me playing, which would require a tripod as well.

2 Likes

Printing, advertising, video production … pretty much the whole professional world expresses size as Width x Height: 8.5"x11", 16:9, 728x90

Except billboard companies. All of them, everywhere. Everything they sell is Height x Width.

Makes zero sense.

4 Likes

Well, I have to decide on having foot surgery. I’ve basically exhausted my non-surgical options, except for getting a molded brace that I would have to wear permanently (and wouldn’t fix anything). While that would be cheaper than surgery, the idea of just saying, “Well, I’m going to have a torn tendon for the rest of my life.” isn’t particularly palatable.

3 Likes

Needing surgery sucks but I bet you’ll be glad you did it in the end. Okay not “bet” so much as “hope” but it sounds like the right option.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of my view of it, too. I don’t want to have surgery, but I do want to have my foot function correctly again.

I wish I could show you the x-ray of how high my arch is. When he called a deformity originally, I didn’t think anything of it, but looking at the bones of my foot, even I can tell that’s not normal. One of my metatarsals is almost curved because of how high my arch is.

3 Likes

I had an awful day. A whole cluster of friends just turned on me because of a Twitter thread by a mutual that they unquestioningly took as fact. It’s a whole thing and it’s gaslighty and handcuffy. Imagine being told you’re too stubborn to admit you screwed up, after apologizing two days beforehand and having those apologies dismissed because they don’t think you’re being genuine

5 Likes

I like telling customers to have a nice day in my emails, but Google tries to autocomplete it as “have a great day.” I don’t want them to have a great day, I want them to have a nice day, damn it.

9 Likes

“Have a nice day but not a great one. We don’t want you getting over-confident.”

8 Likes

See? You get it.

I’m not paid enough to wish them a great day.

9 Likes