What's YOUR problem? A thread for griping.

Great days are above my pay grade. You’ll need to file an application with Dolly Parton for that.

5 Likes

Between a chest/back heavy workout last night and waking up this morning with half my torso hanging off the bed, my right shoulder’s a little jacked today.

Not sure today’s rowing jaunt is gonna help that much… :thinking:

5 Likes

Rowing on a rowing machine or rowing in a body of water?

1 Like

On a rowing machine in preparation for the body of water. January on the Ohio River is not a wise move. :laughing:

(Running joke is “Don’t fall into the Ohio. You’ll come out with a tail and an extra arm!”)

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess I didn’t think of the time of year, which is funny because it’s snowing really heavily right now.

1 Like

In December of 1998, NASA was launched the Mars Climate Orbiter. The project, with a budget of $125M, was designed to launch a weather satellite into Mars orbit. Nearly a year later, in September of 1999, the satellite reached Mars. Everything was going well. But it turns out there was a snag. Lockheed-Martin built the onboard maneuvering thrusters, but had neglected to specify the units. Rather than call to double check, NASA had assumed that of course, as with all scientific measurements, it would be in metric (newtons). Lockheed, however, had used the US aerospace industry standard imperial units (pounds). The orbiter reached Mars, the maneuvering thrusters kicked in, and, instead of settling gently into orbit, the satellite promptly crashed into Mars and was lost forever.

The billboard measurements being sideways is confusing and frustrating, but, on the bright side, it didn’t didn’t utterly destroy years of work and 125 million 1998 dollars (approx 225M 2023 dollars).

3 Likes

10 other people and I were flying from NC to Fort Wayne, IN tonight to do a full day of setup for an event starting Friday morning.

Our flight was just canceled because of weather. The next one is tomorrow night at 10 PM.

Now rebooked into Indianapolis tomorrow morning, driving from there.

3 Likes

UGH.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know Fort Wayne had an airport for commercial flights. Or was this a charter?

2 Likes

No, we had a direct flight on American.

2 Likes

Well that’s not fair. Terre Haute needs a real airport.

3 Likes

I’m so irritated about this. I get that it’s not fair to be tried in the media, so maybe he really didn’t do anything. But assuming he did, what a knucklehead. First off, it’s a despicable thing to do. And second, how did he think this would end? The creator and starring voice actor for both primary roles.

The internet seems to dislike the show now, but I still think it’s great. How can they possibly expect anyone to watch it with his iconic contributions missing? Death of a great show because this dummy couldn’t conduct himself like an adult.

3 Likes

The plastic that holds the flush lever in place on my toilet cracked and let the arm hang lower than normal, so the chain tangled and the toilet was running for several hours last night before I noticed it. Sound was drowned out by watching TV and then I thought it was the fan on my humidifier, it was also pouring rain so just a lot of extra noise in the house.

So today I need to head out to Lowe’s and pick up a new lever… I currently have a string on the flapper through the hole for the lever to flush it.

5 Likes

I’m with you. The show was great. It found something new to do in the Animated Sitcom space and it does it very well in a way that’s deeper than most critics and even fans realize.

Adult Swim’s speedy response to the situation and willingness to put their cash cow on the line like this tells me they know this is real and are responding appropriately.

Why, oh why, can’t the creators of cool content just also be cool?

5 Likes

I’m also concerned that Dan Harmon was aware of all of this (he had to be) and didn’t disassociate himself from Roiland. That really lowers my impression of him.

1 Like

Here is a Hot Take

I don’t hate it, tbh

2 Likes

Hey there, Gripe Thread - I brought strep throat! Plenty for all! Form an orderly line!

7 Likes

Oh No you don’t! :scream:

4 Likes

Vacation’s over. I’m back home now :confounded:

4 Likes

I’m not exactly sure why I thought I needed these cables.

Well, yes, I know why, but I also think I might be an idiot.

/* EDIT I think there’s a puzzle in here somewhere I was trying to solve, but somehow I can’t remember what it was.

All I know is Pat Martino comes through the nearfield monitors just fine. In stereophonic sound.

I now roundly rebut people who complain about keyboard players’ spaghetti cables and clutter. My keys are clean!

However this is music station 2 at my place, named Bad Guitar, which has to do double duty for sourcing sound from two or more stereo sources (computers, tape “deck,” etc.), as well as the humble TS mono guitar and such.

And without the benefit of a small mixer, just a stupid little line mixer.

But a bunch of cables surely zimplifies eeverthing.*/

2 Likes