Who was the craziest, well, crazy person in an experiment ?

I just realized we’re leaving out the king of mad scientists.

14 Likes

Second this. Dr. Z is my mad. He’d probably get more madness in if he’d just reduce the complexity of his masturbation ritual, as Tom suggests.

5 Likes

Winky in Manhunt in Space.

4 Likes

Yeah. The list of people who have it all (or even mostly) together would be a lot shorter. For example, that female gang member in Kitten With A Whip who just drove off in the middle of the caper and left everyone else stranded. They made fun of her intellect but she was clearly the smartest person in the film.

7 Likes

Jan in the Pan definitely had it together. She knew what the raw deal was.

7 Likes

Verb.

2 Likes

Anyone who trusted a Joe Don Baker authority character to accomplish something without significant collateral damage is inherently certifiable.

5 Likes

Verb, adjective, same thing.

2 Likes

mst3k705henrysilva

We can’t overlook Henry Silva as the homicidal maniac Lloyd Wangler in Escape 2000, either.

After all, you can’t put sugar in his coffee. It makes him CRAZY!

9 Likes

She had a good head on her should… Err… Nevermind.

6 Likes

Honestly, Bela Lugosi’s characters are far from the most crazy and they’re generally supposed to be mad scientists!

4 Likes

They only did it for the kicks, man!

3 Likes

They tampered in God’s domain.

4 Likes

Does Arch Oboler count for making The Bubble?

3 Likes

I often think of Dr Krupp (aka The Bat) from The Robot vs The Aztec Mummy.

His whole motivation is that there is a breast plate and bracelet that has directions to an ancient Aztec treasure that he wants in order to fund his costly experiments.

The big problem is if the Aztec items are taken from the Mummy, it comes to life, and mets vengeance against those who took them.

There actually comes a point where the film actually has a decent solution to this, when Krupp and his assistant Bruno (who has been horribly scarred after the Mummy threw him into some chemicals after a previous altercation) find the Mummy’s body.

Bruno angrily says, “how I’d like to chop your rotten corpse to pieces!”

And at that point I’m thinking, “what is stopping you two from doing that!? Destroy the body, dismember it, and you surely can take the items without trouble!”

But no, Dr Krupp has…a better idea!

• kill and torture small animals
  • dig up corpses
  • reanimate dead bodies
  • purchase lead shielding
  • work with radium
  • create a human robot to fight the Mummy

And he surely has done this over the course of several years and at great cost, all to just be able to get that breast plate and bracelet, let alone then needs the stone-faced Dr Amada to help him decipher the hieroglyphics.

Seriously, if not for his ridiculous ego, Krupp could have saved a lot of time!

3 Likes

This is the correct answer. The very moral of the movie is: when people call you crazy, prove them right.

3 Likes

Men using baby oil is quite crazy in it’s own right.

2 Likes

I mean, the guy from The Batwoman may have a leg up on Dr. Z. Z just wanted to make himself into a fish monster, but the proud captain of Reptilicus (the boat)? No, he wanted him an ARMY of fish monsters. “And I should make some lady fish monsters too, so then they can have baby fish monsters.”

3 Likes

Dr. Z also enjoyed spraying fish with a spray bottle underwater for some reason.

1 Like

“HEY! No, bad fish. You get the squirty-squirt.”

2 Likes