Worst Idea Ever: MST3K Inspired Dishes.

Served with Vadinho bloomin’ onions!

4 Likes

Currently on the Taste Of S.O.L. official cooking page, considering fixing a Hercules Hot Dish for an easy Monday night supper. Before eating it, you say grace in the form of:

“Hey, it’s MY Hot Dish! I’ll bite it where I want to!!”

Of course, the traditional dessert afterwards is grapefruit.

3 Likes

Ack! Sorry, was thinking of Steve Reeves.

2 Likes

Here’s a recipe for a big chunk of pork in a Maltese setting. They should call it Final Justice instead.

6 Likes

Sounds delightful. My arteries already look at each other and shake their heads 10-15 times a week. So perhaps I’ll give this a go later on.

1 Like

Ever had one of those “Dirt Cup” desserts? Throw in some extra gummy worms and you’re ready for your late night viewing of SQUIRM!
Yummy!

5 Likes

Touch of Satan’s “This is where the fish lives” boiled fish dish. Just heat the pond to boiling.

8 Likes

holds pot full of pond water. cues bug flying sound effect I don’t think that sounds sanitary.

3 Likes

It’s rustic cooking. Gordon Ramsay swears by it.

4 Likes

The Crêpe-ing Terror:
A crêpe draped over a Jello salad

8 Likes

…and topped with a Frankfurter Crown.

(oh no what did I just type?!) :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

But I used up all the frankfurters in town making my Horror of Party Beach starter!

6 Likes

So you’re the reason why Slimer is sad today.

1 Like

I made Cowboy Nate’s Own Original, Spider-Guarded, Wasp-Pollinated, Red Hot RIC-O-CHET chili.
2 pounds cubed meat (beef, chicken, pork or a mix)
2 tbs olive oil
12 oz Cherry Coke
2 tsp salt
1 small onion (diced)
2-3 garden grown ghost or carolina reaper chili peppers
4 Tbs tomato paste
2 handfuls of corn tortilla chips
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbs chili powder
16 oz fresh salsa (preferably home-made)
1 can black beans

In a ceramic glazed dutch oven put 2 Tbs olive oil and salt. Cook 2 pds meat on medium heat until done and remove from dutch oven. Deglaze dutch oven with 12 oz cherry coke and put heat on low. Add 16 oz salsa, 4 Tbs tomato paste, 2 handfuls of crushed corn tortilla chips, chili powder, cumin, diced onions, and chopped peppers. Heat until simmering. Add drained can of black beans and re-add meat. Put lid on Dutch Oven and put into oven to heat at 230 degrees for 2 hours. Stir and serve.

Ideally your peppers and salsa are all home-grown where you have an orb weaver spider who has set up camp around your garden and you can call your guard spider. Also, ideally you live in an area where the primary pollinators are wasps.

3 Likes

Did anyone suggest The Blood Sausage Of Dr. Z yet?

10 Likes

Not sure what the “worst” part is. The soda, maybe? I’ll occasionally add black coffee to chili or BBQ sauce, but… no big thing. Life’s all about choices.

You might consider moving up one floor. :wink:

3 Likes

Epic! Love a good chili! Especially one involving bad stock footage of arachnids!

3 Likes

I was debating what to have for dinner this evening, and I think I figured it out. I believe I shall have split pea and Hamlet soup for dinner with a nice cheese danish for dessert. I’d wash it down with a nice w(h)ine, but let’s face it, Hamlet already has enough of that. Oh to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

You know, I’m pretty sure they had at least one Arby’s joke…

5 Likes

I may have just thrown up in my mouth a bit. Yikes.

5 Likes