Worst movie you saw in the theater

Anchorman. I know everyone loves it but I honestly almost left halfway through. I remember only laughing at Steve Carell’s lines and nothing else. To this day I feel like an outsider for hating that movie and I don’t even fault people for liking it. I guess it is just something that doesn’t apeal to me. I have never had less fun watching a comedy in a theater.

4 Likes

Big D&D’er in my teens, but this movie was SOOOOO bad.

Dungeons & Dragons (2000) - IMDb

5 Likes

For me, the sequel was worse. Just kind of a circle-jerk for the cast.

1 Like

Was worth it to see it in theaters for the RiffTrax Live though. :joy:

1 Like

Oh boy, that would be North (1994)

I was 14 and the ticket lady wouldn’t let me in to see True Lies… even with parent permission.

Everything else I had already seen or was also rated R.

I yelled at the screen when it’s revealed to be a dream and a waste of my 90ish mins.:triumph:

No harm if you like it, to each his own.
Every movie must have at least one fan somewhere.

8 Likes

Oh theres a bunch of them. From someone else’s perspective they might say it’s a great movie. I’m a musical fan but my most hated ones are Wicked, Hairspray and The Greatest Showman. But if your talking about movies. It’s got to be the Notebook. There I said it.

5 Likes

Transformers.
The moment Optimus Prime said “my bad”, I was enraged. Had to go home and watch the animated Transformers movie on VHS to erase what I had just seen.

8 Likes

[quote=“moviegique, post:173, topic:2028”]
Geoffrey Rush as…uh…the Villain. Greg Kinnear—unless I’m mixing up movies, I think he plays the (bought) classic superhero, until they accidentally kill him.

Oh, I’ve forgotten the actor’s name but “The Sphinx”.[/quote]

Geoffrey Rush was Casanova Frankenstein. Greg Kinnear was Captain Amazing, and his super suit was covered in sponsor’s patches.

Kel Mitchell was the Invisible Boy, who can only turn invisible when naked AND when no one was looking at him.

Wes Studi, best known to me as Magua in The Last of The Mohicans, but I think he was also in Dancing With Wolves and the lead in Geronimo.

If you can’t tell, I quite like the movie. I’ve even watched the DVD commentary, where the director is effusive with his praise of every actor, but doesn’t even acknowledge Wes Studi’s existence.

EDIT: Two separate quotes don’t seem to work on these forums yet.

5 Likes

I sadly saw Starcrash in the theater paid for with my own hard earned money. My friends and I called it Startrash at the time. It was beyond cheesy and deserved to be given the MST3K treatment.

5 Likes

True worst movie? The recent Tom and Jerry Movie honestly. My girlfriend was a fan of the cartoons and we figured it would be best to watch that compared to what else was at the theater at the time. This in hindsight was a mistake as we both ended up legitimately hating the movie entirely. It was just not a fun experience at all and we both kept finding “excuses” to go get more popcorn or drinks or using the restroom. I’d say that was really an unfun time.

6 Likes

Constantine. I would have demanded a refund but I got in for free because of a pass from a friend who was a theater manager.

7 Likes

In terms of disappointment it has to be Highlander 2 : The Quickening

8 Likes

Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. No, just, no. Worse that Dungeons and Dragons or LXG, but I paid for both of those travesties as well. The difference is, I like poking fun at those two movies. I don’t even like to think about Ballistic.

6 Likes

Showgirls. Oct 1995. $1 theatre.

7 Likes

`Anyway we can get a special badge made for @Bioguy ? As the kids say, that’s some serious flex.

7 Likes

I have to ask. How many overcoats were in the theater that night?

5 Likes

The real tragedy is that you were cheated out of True Lies!

8 Likes

I so wanted to see it as the ads in the paper looked very cool to twelve-year old me. But, it wasn’t in the theater, which was an hour’s drive, for very long.

I unknowingly dodged a bullet at the time, but it does make for one of my favorite experiments.

5 Likes

So very true, and of course when I saw it later it was no worse in any way then the video games and cartoons I was enjoying at the time.

5 Likes

In a theater? Hmmm… good question. I hardly go to theaters nowadays. But I’m trying to keep my distance from my last visit after watching the Sonic movie (long story, don’t ask.)

First thing that comes to my head was Scary Movie 4.

5 Likes