Any fans of Tabletop RPGs?

All hail The White Dot!

You know, once I get to about 10 of these characters, I’m half-tempted to do a poll, like how the Legion Of Super-Heroes would let readers pick the team leader.

2 Likes

The CRPGAddict did a Genesis D&D game set in the Hollow World setting recently, which inspired me to finally take a look at it. Back in the day I was always intrigued by the covers of the Basic D&D line, but would never actually get any of them because, hey, I’m way too cool for that Basic stuff. These days I find that the feel of it is much closer to my early fantasy days, and a lot of the worldbuilding is much better than the AD&D settings.

2 Likes

I’m playing the captain in a space-faring game using the Cypher System.

I confused some of the other players because I phrased the request to see the message from an NPC as “Can we get [NPC] on still store?”

I am a nerd.

4 Likes

Pish-posh! Few people know that the Empire only revived the lost plans to the SOL for their Death Star. It was literally an early revision of the concept!

Star Wars Hope GIF by Death Wish Coffee

1 Like

Statted up another Freedom Legionnaire, Kid Asteroid. As far as art goes, he’s a character that was really, really hard to come up with a good prompt for before I got a picture that looked like what I wanted.

2 Likes

Anyone want more characters and/ or pictures?

2 Likes

I’m always down for more hero art, how about a prompt? Shrike, a smaller hero with the power of flight (improved). The birds in nature like to impale their food on spiny plants, so he/ she should have some sort of “impaling” power. Disads: small size, heightened metabolism requires constant caloric intake…

Color Pallet: Silver - Gray - Charcoal - Tangerine - Tan

1 Like

So, I’ve been toying with the idea of making a paragon type superhero for my Freedom Legion (Legion Of Superheroes pastiche) project, based on Kaguya-Hime from Japanese folklore (or from Big Bird In Japan if that’s what you’re more familiar with). But I’m not sure if I should go through with it. I don’t want to just appropriate characters from cultures that aren’t mine.

2 Likes

Civilization is created by borrowing from many different cultures. It’s not “appropriation” to play a character from a culture other than your own.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would worry too much, as long you put into M&M terms, you should be good.

I was wondering about Hotei being a superhero…If you’re not familiar with him, check it out…the old Bugs Bunny cartoon with the briefcase is based loosely on him and his tales.

1 Like

I just learned about Brancalonia a short time ago. It is a setting for DND 5E but different; instead of the traditional Anglo-Saxon setting made popular by the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, the setting is ITALIAN!!

I’m quite impressed as there are races, classes, feats, etc. drawn from Italian history, folklore, legends and so on. I’m not just saying that; I’m of Italian ancestry so it is fun to see such a setting!

At the time of this writing, another Kickstarter for a bestiary and atlas for Brancalonia is wrapping up. I wouldn’t mind adapting this setting and its elements for DND 3.X and Pathfinder 1E.

3 Likes

The one great thing about 5e, specifically 5e and the open game license, is that so many 3rd party publishers have been putting out material that goes beyond traditional Tolkienesque fantasy. I’ve seen stuff celebrating so many different cultures and genres, it’s really neat to see.

2 Likes

Final Fantasy XIV is getting a tabletop version

2 Likes

Eh. Six and 12 were my jams.

2 Likes

My favorite Final Fantasy games were 6 and 9; the former is my favorite with the latter in a close second.

I loved 6 and its ensemble cast. What I loved most about 9? As much as I loved 7 and 8, the more modern setting of those games just didn’t click with me; I loved how FF9 was a return to the original Medieval setting.

Speaking of which, I know there is a Final Fantasy RPG system using the d20/Pathfinder 1E rules.

Final Fantasy d20 – A Pathfinder RPG Final Fantasy Adaptation

2 Likes

I’m vaguely curious, though it’s something I’m more likely to pick up because it was gifted to me than because I actually got it myself.

Or because somebody I know is running it and my curiosity gets the better of me.

2 Likes

There is a new edition of Paranoia out, the Computer says it is shiny and perfect. Do you doubt the Computer, friend troubleshooter?

Note: I have not, in fact, played this new edition. I may, in fact, be a commie mutant traitor.

2 Likes

Stay where you are, a team has been dispatched for retraining and organ retrieval !

Buck Rogers Robot GIF

2 Likes

So the Palladium TMNT rpg has returned…

4 Likes

One of these days I will play Paranoia.

3 Likes