Are you ready for some football?

YEESH… :woozy_face:

1 Like

At least he’s working,

Well that aged well… :person_facepalming:

You know, in fairness, you do want confidence from your quarterback. How would people have responded if he said, “I was drafted about where I should have been. There were some great football players taken one through nine.”

2 Likes

I agree with this But if that confidence doesn’t produce meaningful action or results, they’re just words unfortunately.

2 Likes

Agreed. If the Jets had lost Super Bowl III, Namath would have gone down in history differently.

1 Like

He’d have been yet just another cat that liked to wear panty hose.

2 Likes

Bleacher Report thinks the Panthers and Seahawks should come together on a blockbuster hypothetical trade for DK Metcalf. Seahawks could receive the Panthers 1st & 2nd Round picks in 2023 :eyes:

1 Like

Commanders fans are, apparently, not ready for some football.

1 Like

Wow that’s pathetic :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Kroenke haters unite!

1 Like

1 Like

Metcalf signs his contract, and wow, he’s in the money

Very curious about these Seahawks (I used to live in Seattle), it’s a transitional year, with all eyes on 2023, but they still have to play this season.

So, I’ll be watching certain players with interest, especially the new guys on defense they gave 2-year contracts too (Nwosu (a FA from the Chargers) and Harris, who came over from the Broncos in the Wilson trade) meaning, they might become part of the new era, if they perform well, and can actually put pressure on opposing QBs.

I’ve read that 4th round draftee, CB Coby Brant has been impressing in camp (but you know, it’s against Lock and Smith, not Wilson, so let’s not lose our heads until he faces off against the prime of the NFL). But still, that’s someone else to watch.

Also interested in the RBs, can Penny feed off that impressive 5-game stretch of last season, and finally live up to expectations? How will the rookie fair (the one, one sports reporter called a wasted pick… which I thought was stupid, Penny’s never been consistent, Carson was injured and is now retired, and 11 of the Hawks 17 opponents in 2022 were ranked in the top half against the run last year, 7 of those were in the top 6… so yeah, bringing in new RB blood was not such a bonehead movie IMHO).

Could OBJ be coming to Buffalo?? :open_mouth:

1 Like

The Lions deserve better… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

So you’re saying there’s a chance.

2 Likes

sure, all they need is a time machine, and this list…

On the other side of that, I just read that the Packers need to have a 2 game better record than the Bears this season, to surpass them as the NFLs winningest team. (They are currently in the lead by percentage, just ahead of the Cowboys)

The England women’s (Association) Football team have just won the European Championship with a goal in the second period of extra time.
I’m over 50 and this is the first time in my life that I’ve seen an England Football team win a trophy.
Worth waiting for.

2 Likes